Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

booking a car reg-help

Options
  • 12-09-2006 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

hi guys.i just want to find out how do you go about booking a car reg for a car next year.i know it costs 350 euro but who do i contact.
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

315 Euro, contact the VRO in Rosslare. They'll send you a form, but IIRC, they don't take applications until November.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

what kinda car you getting? you looking to get 07 D 1

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Skyuser wrote:
    what kinda car you getting? you looking to get 07 D 1
    Isn't xx-D-1 is reserved for the Lord Mayor?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

AS far as I am aware its 350.00 per number... its a lottery system though... If more than one person appleies for the same number the names go into a hat.. it you dont get picked you get your money back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

yep it's first come first serve. there's a chance you wont get it. Most of the dealers snap them up. you can be guaranteed that gowan or appleyard will be cuing up to get 07-D-207 07-D-307 07-D-407 etc for their peugeots. Des cullen will get 07-D-430 an maybe others like 07-D-4430 07-D-612

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Yup xx-D-1 is reserved for the Lord Mayor of Dublin year in year out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Maybe he's looking for 07-D-14 for the golf...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

Its a lottery system, not 1st come. And its 315 Euro

I have tried 7 or 8 times to get No 1. No luck.

Reason I get beat each year is a certain taxi/undertaking business sends in about 10 applications - also for No. 1.

Queried that, but was told quite legit, if each has a different address.

So, OP if you want to increase your chances, send in several applications giving different addresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Fey! wrote:
    Maybe he's looking for 07-D-14 for the golf...
    why 14 for the golf.

• Advertisement

im looking for one with 7777777777 in it as i love my 7's. i think i should get it.also i will apply for 2 or 3 different plates.
    what happens if i send them the 3 cheques and they give me the 3 different plates.can they be refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

drdre wrote:
    why 14 for the golf.
    Presume he's being smart.....14 as in 1.4ltr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

And the prize goes to Fletch!

Sorry Dre - couldn't resist it!

What's with the 7's?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

A reserved registration number can only be assigned to a vehicle when it has been reached in the normal sequence. It may not be displayed on a vehicle before it has been formally assigned by Revenue following the presentation and acceptance of a completed declaration for registration

From the revenue site, so
    im looking for one with 7777777777

You may have to wait a couple of hundred years to get your car on the road if you want that reg;)

Del2005 wrote:
    From the revenue site, so

You may have to wait a couple of hundred years to get your car on the road if you want that reg;)
    hehehehehhehe:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

J_R wrote:
    Hi,

Its a lottery system, not 1st come. And its 315 Euro

I have tried 7 or 8 times to get No 1. No luck.

Reason I get beat each year is a certain taxi/undertaking business sends in about 10 applications - also for No. 1.

Queried that, but was told quite legit, if each has a different address.

So, OP if you want to increase your chances, send in several applications giving different addresses.
    A gentleman in my area, who changes his S class yearly, always manages to get the same number. I a bit sceptical about the fairness of the lottery!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

JJ Kavanaghs in Urlingford will have applications in for KK 1, CW 1 , TN 1, TS 1, W 1 and WD 1.

Bond-007 wrote:
    JJ Kavanaghs in Urlingford will have applications in for KK 1, CW 1 , TN 1, TS 1, W 1 and WD 1.
    how do you know they have applications for them.i thought 1 is only given to mayor etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

drdre wrote:
    how do you know they have applications for them.i thought 1 is only given to mayor etc.

A lot of Kavanaghs buses have the first number of various counties or 11 if he dosen't get no. 1. (althought I thought that W 1 was reserved for the mayor of Waterford?).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

In 1980 i remember my father getting IH 234 which was an old donegal plate.. when applying he had to give a valid reson for wanting it.. our telephone number at that time was 234 (yes donegal still had manual exchanges in 1980). Met a lady with IH 1234 a few months later.. her valid reason was that 'the kids thought it would be cool' ...lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement