Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is it ok

Options
  • 12-09-2006 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

I have applied for my driving test and I am now wondering if I can do the test in my car as it has a large dint in the pasenger side, it's running perfectly but I am just wondering if they will fail me because of its apperance or will it put toughts in thier head that I must be a bad driver because of the damage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Nah, so long as it has working lights and indicators etc. you have nothing to worry about. (no cracked lenses though)
    Best of luck with the test!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I don't think the dent will cause any bother unless there are any bits of metal or plastic protruding that could injure pedestrians or snag in something as you drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Passed my test two weeks ago with a fair bit of damage on back right. As long as its only cosmetics, you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 rob185

Hey! I have a similar worry to the OP, have my test coming up in a few weeks and was wondering if the tester would be put off by tinted windows (its a bit of a boyracer lookin car but i got a good deal and most definately do not drive it like a mad thing!! :rolleyes: )
    I notice on the "Final Checks for your Driving Test" sheet that it says "10.(c) The windows must not be unduly tinted". But if it can pass the NCT surely its ok??
    Thanks, Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You could just peel the tint off. Apart from making the car look less chav, you'll also be able to see more when driving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Anan1 wrote:
    You could just peel the tint off. Apart from making the car look less chav, you'll also be able to see more when driving.

That'd be a dint, or dent.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

colm_mcm wrote:
    That'd be a dint, or dent.

I was actually answering rob185 who, unlike the OP, has a tint not a dint.;)

Anan1 wrote:

Thats an awful lot of effort just for a driving test though!
    Although i hated the tint when i first got the car I've grown to like it and the bit o' privacy it brings :o .....Keeps the sun from the side of my face too :D
    thanks for the suggestion though.

Do you think a tester could refuse to examine my driving because of the appearance of my car?? I'm also slightly worried that me being a Dub will put a bad opinion on me before i even start the car (test is in Monaghan).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I'd say the only thing you could be failed for is if it's limo tint in the front windows, otherwise you should be OK. But as always it could all depend on what mode the tester is in

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Anan1 wrote:
    I was actually answering rob185 who, unlike the OP, has a tint not a dint.;)
    I hereby retract my earlier smart-arsery!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

rob185 wrote:
    I notice on the "Final Checks for your Driving Test" sheet that it says "10.(c) The windows must not be unduly tinted". But if it can pass the NCT surely its ok??
    Thanks, Rob

Ireland has no law regarding exact specifications on tinted windows.

See Here

Just the general overall " Drivers vision must not be obscured" etc

So unless very dark would not worry.

Following from early August
    Labour Party Transport spokeswoman Roisin Shortall has asked Transport Minister Martin Cullen to look at the issue of tinted windows on vehicles.

This will help to enforce the ban on driving with a mobile. At the moment, driving with tinted windows is not an offence as long as the driver’s view of the road is not obstructed.

However, tinted windows can make it harder for the guards to identify drivers. It would also cause problems with mobile phone enforcement.

Minister Cullen has referred the matter to an expert group.

Alright thanks for the advice lads!! It seems as if I'm safe enough with what i have then...now all i have to worry about is the test itself :D

Advertisement