Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Collecting car in UK (Companies)

Options
  • 12-09-2006 1:42am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭

Right, I need to collect a car in the UK. I've decided against doing it myself for many reason. Anybody recommend any companies that collect cars in the UK and deliver them to Ireland. I've got one quote but i'd like others before i make a call on it.
    Cheers in advance,
    Kieran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

why not do it yourself. It takes 1 day only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

I'll deliver it to your door for €750.

Seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 jacket222002

Can you tell me where the pick up is and the delivery point.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

BnA. I've got a much cheaper quote than that already.
    Milton Keynes to dublin.
    Companies need only apply

steve06 wrote:
    why not do it yourself. It takes 1 day only

I would if i could but i can't. If i flew out first thing in the morning i wouldn't make a decent ferry. i'd have to get one at 2am. arrive in dublin at 6am. i'd start work at 7am. feck that. pay someone else for the hassle,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

are you buying from a garage? most of these guys will deliver to Holyhead for a reasonable fee.... just go over as a foot passenger and get the next ferry home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

i dont think ye are listening to what he is saying! he wants a company to do it for him

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

kikel wrote:
    I would if i could but i can't. If i flew out first thing in the morning i wouldn't make a decent ferry. i'd have to get one at 2am. arrive in dublin at 6am. i'd start work at 7am. feck that. pay someone else for the hassle,

Are you in Dublin? If so, there's a 18.30 fast boat from Holyhead to Dún Laoghaire.

Buying privately. The Irish company I got a quote off couldn't give me a definate time. they said it ould be either 1 of 2 days. The person on the other side couldn';t sit around for 2 days waiting for someone to call. In the mean time the guy the other side suggested he drop the car vehicle to holyhead and i collect it there. Hey presto. only need to spend a few hours collecting it now.
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help

Anan1 wrote:
    Are you in Dublin? If so, there's a 18.30 fast boat from Holyhead to Dún Laoghaire.

There is? i didn't see that. will check again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I took it on Sunday, I think it may only run Thu-Sun. Stena Line, takes just under 2 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I've twice flown over and driven back in the one day from the UK, both times getting 18.30 ferries (once to Rosslare). It's a long day, but easily do-able.

18.30 ferries don't run every day of the week.

Tuesdays only suit me. Will remember the 18.30 for the future.b

Advertisement