Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best...everything in Cork...(Bars, cinema, restaurants etc)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Closed down.

Ha ha really??? You can tell it's been a while since I've been down that street....though not that long...when did it close down? I used to work in the Gate cinema so that was our drinking spot. Pity it's gone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

ya, i passed it the other day and it looked like it was'nt open in weeks, all the chairs gathering dust etc...
    Im sure there renovating it.
    I agree it was a cool bar, i had my 21st in there actually....
    So did I.

Hopefully it'll be back again, always had a great time there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

went there for my eighteenth, great party spot :D

think theres some sorta restaurant pub thing goin in ther eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Anyone know where to get good coffee in the City? Starbucks out in the Airport is great, but it's out in the Airport! Gloria Jean's in town just doesn't compare I'm afraid!

I like the coffee in Gusto, and both of the coffee shops in the Market are great. Otherwise, most other coffee in Cork is muck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Tribes on Tuckey Street is great for a huge variety of snacks, it's open late too.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Tribes on Tuckey Street is great for a huge variety of snacks, it's open late too.

Yeah but the owner is a nutter,the staff dont have a clue and the place is full of kids!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah but the owner is a nutter,the staff dont have a clue and the place is full of kids!

The place changed owners a couple of times since then. It's lost the kids, afaik, and gotten all redecorated and grown up. Shame, I had some great times in there as a skint, depressed 15 year old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

Cinema
    Mahon Point - easy parking and you can buy your tickets online for €5.50 www.omniplex.ie

Restaurants

Rossinis - except on weekend nights when the service can go down cos it''s so busy
    Greenes, Mac Curtain Street
    Luigi Malones

Snacks
    Tribes, Tuckey Street

Pubs
    Tom Barrys
    Counihans
    The Ovens
    Barrys in Douglas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Pub: Mutton Lane.

Restaurant: The Ambassador or Luigi Malones for the steak alone.

Night Club: Savoy or Havana Browns always play decent music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭toxic_angel

I'm surprised noone has mentioned Soho as a restaurant. I know at weekends the bar can be full of pretentious idiots who are all checking themselves out the entire time, but the food there is amazing and not that expensive, considering the quality of it.

Advertisement