Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

drinking with films?

• 12-09-2006 6:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi-

Anyone want to join a filmmakers group where people bring their films to watch and discuss over drinks? a kind of informal feed-back group?

Hillevi
    www.ovoland.com
    www.buffetmovie.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

would be interesting, but u would need a lot of filmsif this was to run every week or so!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I enjoy drinking.

I enjoy films.

I would be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 kikilove

yeah

so i am in transit to dublin from nyc, finally arriving to land in jan.
    so start up film nite now or let us plan one for november.

but the thought was a critique meeting that was fun, i bet filmbase would give us a room. or we can start at my big house on n. circular. filmmakers bring their films in progress, to other filmmakers,
    and film-likers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

You're arriving January?

How are you going to start one in November then?

I am confused.

I think Filmbase would rent us a room. I don't think they'd give us one. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I don't have much time these days to create anything myself. But I'd be interested in coming along to see what other people have and I could also showcase some of the work NEARtv is doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Social drinks is a great way to network.

Sadly as some of you already know i'm set up in cambridge, thankfully though I have my own filmmakers social hour here every 10 days.

How we do it is we rent a room from the local independent cinema (pretty much the same as filmbase) show films, talk about upcoming projects, see if anyone can help anyone else with specific problems. Then after thats all covered we go back down to the bar and have a couple of drinks. (course they're all english brews which is eww)

speaking of which the next one is on sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well I can offer a room and projection facilities on the north side of Dublin. But drinking will have to be done afterwards and off site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 kikilove

monkeyf-

that is great that you have a space in n dublin. i could offer a very large beautiful apt in n dublin, but of course it would not be as nice as a screening room.

jeff -
    i will be in dublin for a bit in november, then back to nyc, and back to dublin jan 2, 07.
    so would be great if you guys get a social hour/ filmmaker critique started, and i would love to host in november or sometime. my boyfriend is now setup in our new huge house on north circular, dublin 7.

best- hillevi

www.ovoland.com
    www.buffetmovie.com

Advertisement