Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crash at Artane roundabout yesterday (11/9)

Options
  • 12-09-2006 7:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭

About 18.45 yesterday I was driving toward Artane roundabout from UCI and traffic was very heavy. As I got close to the roundabout there was guards telling people to get into the bus lane. As I drove up I saw a car (Opel Corsa I think) on it's roof, and a large chuck taken out of the hedging the seperates the road. Anyone know the full story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Rubbernecking via boards.ie now eh!

What is the compulsion with people in this country to know the ins and outs of every accident on our roads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

It was an unusual accident and I'm curious. Besides, it's better then slowing down to have a good gawp.
    If you wish to muse on Irish driver habits please take it to another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I witnessed this accident happen, I was four cars behind the one that crashed . It was the weirdest accident I have ever witnessed. for some reason the driver lost control of his car and hit the hedge in the central reservation , his car then ended up on it's roof on the opposite carriagway. I stopped to go to his assistance as did other drivers around but he was climbing out of his car and appeared to be shaken but otherwise OK . It was an amazing stroke of luck that there he did not hit oncoming traffic when he crossed the reservation given the time of the accident and the volume of traffic using that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Besides, it's better then slowing down to have a good gawp.

You must have had a fair auld gawp all the same if the car had gone through a hedge and crossed the reservation and you still mananged to describe the scene of the accident in full :rolleyes:
    As I drove up I saw a car

Gawping!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Bluetonic wrote:
    You must have had a fair auld gawp all the same if the car had gone through a hedge and crossed the reservation and you still mananged to describe the scene of the accident in full :rolleyes:

Gawping!

lads will yis give it a rest for christ sake! we could all be spending our time a little better reading decent content in worthwhile threads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Bluetonic wrote:

It was "The Muppet" who described the scene in full, not the OP. And if you were just witness to a serious accident like that, then you would stop to check up on the person involved. It's not like gawkers on the M50 slowing down to watch someone change a tyre.
    Bluetonic wrote:
    As I drove up I saw a car

Gawping!

:rolleyes:

Do you drive with your eyes closed yourself or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Stark wrote:
    It was "The Muppet" who described the scene in full, not the OP. And if you were just witness to a serious accident like that, then you would stop to check up on the person involved. It's not like gawkers on the M50 slowing down to watch someone change a tyre.

:rolleyes:

Do you drive with your eyes closed yourself or something?

True, I stopped to help as anyone would in such circumstances , I am a trained First Aider plus the car was upside down and there was a good possibility of people being injured/trapped in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭declanoneill

Bluetonic wrote:

Gawping!

Wasting your time mate, I'm not rising to the troll. I do like the ignore button though.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

stay on topic people. Im eager to serve my first banning!

Advertisement