Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice re change of address and insurance

Options
  • 12-09-2006 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

I'm moving to Dublin shortly from Cork, and will be bringing my car with me. The car and insurance are registered to my address in Cork, but do you think there will be any increase in my insurance if I change the policy to my new address in Dublin.

I know that this is the right thing to do, but will I be financially penalised for doing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I'd imagine there will be a slight increase, having said that - Cork is just as big and prone to accidents/theft/damage as much as Dublin.

When I moved into my own place and out of my parents - there was a €145 difference (12miles away!). Obviously my neighbourhood is rated slightly higher regarding crime or I'm at more risk as I am closer to city centre.

Call them to find out, it is the right thing to do because you don't want any doubt cast over your insurance come the day you may need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I suppose that's what I'll just have to do. I don't want to be caught out in case I ever have to make a claim.

Advertisement