Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car problem!!

Options
  • 12-09-2006 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

i have just purchased a landrover discovery v6 and having problems with the wiring the other day the wires melted and nearly burnt out the landrover - has anyone experienced the same problem with this type of landrover please reply back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Is this a new car.

Replace the wiring. Check relays and fuses as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

that sounds pretty severe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 KTdesigner

I've had trouble with my Freelander, and my friend has trouble with an old Discovery (lots of various problems). But I suppose you can be lucky/unlucky with any make or model of car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

KTdesigner wrote:
    I've had trouble with my Freelander, and my friend has trouble with an old Discovery (lots of various problems). But I suppose you can be lucky/unlucky with any make or model of car.

:eek: Jeez, when you buy a car you shouldn't need luck on your side. It's reasonable to expect spontaneous fires not to occur.

Now I know where the expression "I've been burned by one of those before" comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I would assume he's talking about a Discovery 3, with the TDV6 engine, so it's probably new. You should have a look at the popular users forum disco3.co.uk. I've been a member there since early 05, and haven't seen any reports of wiring meltdowns anyway. I've got a 2005 HSE and haven't had a single problem with it btw. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

If it's a new V6, then surely it's under manufacturer warranty?

What were you doing/installing when it went up?

Advertisement