Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spots around mouth after eating

• 12-09-2006 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

For about a year now, I have had to wash around my mouth after every single time I eat a meal, or even a snack. If I don't, I'm guaranteed at least one or two whiteheads around my lips. Simply wiping my around my mouth with a tissue or napkin doesn't help, and wet wipes are no better (plus I can't carry them everywhere). So basically If I eat a banana, or breakfast, or a a sandwhich, it's off to the toliet to follow the routine, otherwise the whiteheads will appear. Granted they are usually quite small, but it's very annoying having to do this washing, especially if I'm having a meal in a restaurant or at a friend's place, where you are expected not to leave the table for a few minutes after the meal has finished. When I'm eating, all I'm thinking about is getting the meal finished and getting to the sink. And it doesn't have to be greasy food, it seems that any sort of contact with my mouth is enough to trigger the whiteheads.
    I realise that in the grand scheme of things this is a relatively small problem, but if anyone has any tips that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

kmoon wrote:
    For about a year now, I have had to wash around my mouth after every single time I eat a meal, or even a snack. If I don't, I'm guaranteed at least one or two whiteheads around my lips. Simply wiping my around my mouth with a tissue or napkin doesn't help, and wet wipes are no better (plus I can't carry them everywhere). So basically If I eat a banana, or breakfast, or a a sandwhich, it's off to the toliet to follow the routine, otherwise the whiteheads will appear. Granted they are usually quite small, but it's very annoying having to do this washing, especially if I'm having a meal in a restaurant or at a friend's place, where you are expected not to leave the table for a few minutes after the meal has finished. When I'm eating, all I'm thinking about is getting the meal finished and getting to the sink. And it doesn't have to be greasy food, it seems that any sort of contact with my mouth is enough to trigger the whiteheads.
    I realise that in the grand scheme of things this is a relatively small problem, but if anyone has any tips that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Thats weird. Sounds like some sort of allergic reaction. If it was me I'd go for allergy testing.

:eek: Your living my nightmare - ALLERGIC TO ALL FOODS !

No seriously I'd say thats annoying get testing!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kmoon

I don't think it's an allergy though. It's not just food, any contact can trigger it off, e.g a glass or cup, and even kissing causes it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well, I think you should go to a dermatologist to get all this checked out. Obviously there is something wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,496 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"Go to doctor!"

Advertisement