Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Philips 32" LCD TV

• 12-09-2006 9:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Thinking of buying a 32" HD ready lcd tv.

Came across the philips 32PF5321 which is selling for 999 euro at the moment.

Price seems great value as its about 200 less than any of the LG models. Does anyone have any views on it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

I am also thinking of the same tv, any advise please??????:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

Same here. I looked around and this TV seems the best value around, if you don't count no name brands. Does anybody have any views on picture quality and specs? Is it as good a deal as it seems? Are there any gremlins lurking...? Anything we should know....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

I've looked at this set but some of the other Philips models look a better bet. Picture quality on the 5321 is only so-so, especially on DVD playback. I checked out the Sony 32S2010 but it was no better. Samsung and Panasonic have had great reviews - the Panny TX32LX60 looks great but its a bit pricey at the moment, so I'm going to wait till the price drops - its around £899 in the UK so I reckon I'll get one for about 1,299 over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Trevord

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335551

Cam across the above UK thread on another forum from a few months back. Comments are mixed.

Interesting that the UK price was the equiv of about 1,300 euro at the time.

The main thing for me is that I don't want to get one of the these LCD's only to discover that I'm getting a blurred pitcture during matches. Seems like you need an LCD with a fast pixel response rate but even this is no guarantee.

I've seen a few LG models in pubs recently that seem to have excellent picture quality for games (no blurring when the camera moves up and down the pitch) but they don't have the model number on the front. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Those LG sets are probably plasmas - response rate on most plasma TVs is 10 times faster than most LCDs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

man, the comments about the 5321 are indeed mixed! Seems a lot of people are getting this humming noise from the speakers! Worrying if you ask me....
    I had a look on Komplett to check out their price and this set isn't on sale there. What they have is the 32PF5331. I can't seem to find any reviews on that one though. They sell it for €979.00 which seems great value again! Quick specs are 1366x768, 8ms, 1600:1, HD-Ready but that's all the info they have on the site. Could that possibly be an updated version of the 5321 without the issues? Dare I dream?
    Has anyone seen this set anywhere? Any thoughts on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭BowWow

Check out this Philips on Pixmania Irish site. Includes a digital/Freeview tuner in addition to Pal I.

www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/328692/art/philips/lcd-television-16-9-32-82.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭colmranger

Does a Freeview tuner work in ROI? I wouldn't think so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭BowWow

Freeview working at the moment in Dublin and North East Coast with the ongoing tests. Check out the the many treads on it in the Terrestrial Forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Trevord

I presume we are talking about Freeview of Irish Terrestial channels?

This is part of RTE's test for going digital ?

What is the advantage of having the Freeview built in the TV?

• Advertisement
Advertisement