Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first crash.

Options
  • 12-09-2006 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭

:( Well as the title suggests, I had my first crash this weekend. Fortunately it was between me and a wall and not the group I had left only 5 minutes before hand. Very stupid of me to leave the group.

There was a crash between three riders due to people swapping lanes and being a bit sloppy so I'm told. We figured (about 6 of us) we were getting cold and we were only about 2 miles from the breakaway point anyway and 12 miles from home. This was on day 2 of a trip from mulingar to galway and back to mullingar.

Anyway, I guess the point of this post is to highlight the importance of a helmet. Mine is cracked right down the side. I also just want to say that as smart and as safe as you might think you are, this type of thing can happen to anyone. I've never had so much as a close call, even though I don't generally cycle with groups and am relatively new to cycling (about 2 years). I never thought I'd mess up and be to blame for something like this. I'm in agony now and according to my girlfriend I look like something out of deliverance....I chipped some teeth.

This might sound funny but I'm going to join a club and get into cycling with groups now more regularly. The particular event I was cycling in was brilliant and I'd recommend group cycling to everyone.

Happy and safe cycling!

Advertisement