Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Another high price moan thread

Options
  • 12-09-2006 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭

For the last while i have lookin at changing my car and I have to say I have never see prices so high

I bought My current car about 3 years ago now for €3000, at the time it had 120,000km 1.6Dual Carb Integra. Nice car clean and very good price. I recon if i was to sell it now the most I could ask for is €1500 ,I have spent the last couple of months lookin through Buy & sell and Autotrader and all these other places.
    And I have see ppl sellin the exact same spec car I have same year (1994) and lookin for €4000. Is it just me or is this all just a big con. I have even been lookin at Toyota Levins, Nice cars 1.6l again , 120bhp or around there, and 7-9000 euro for a 10year old Toyota..... Come on lads they are 10years old most of them are imported and the original history is unknow and all of them including my have been clocked back.I havent seen one car priced as it should be. So where does one go to get value for money.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Most people optimistically believe their car is worth more than it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

The love this. Depends on what side the fence your on.

GF's father is a good example of this.

If he selling his car its worth say 10k
    If he buying the exact same one as he is buying its only worth say 7k

Makes me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭Joeface

It makes me die, I think im too honest for my own good.
    Maybe a should ask for €4500 for my own

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

It's a buyers market, I doubt anyone is paying asking for the cars in those ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Joeface wrote:
    I bought My current car about 3 years ago now for €3000, at the time it had 120,000km 1.6Dual Carb Integra. Nice car clean and very good price. I recon if i was to sell it now the most I could ask for is €1500 ,.

OH MY GOODNESS...... are you serious ? you lost €500 a year for every year you owned your car in depreciation ?..... shocking, truly shocking ....:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭qazz

This is 25 yo Golf mk1 http://carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=Car&carID=448098&message=You%20searched%20for%3A%20Volkswagen%20Golf%2C%20Year%3A%201981%2E%20Your%20search%20returned%20one%20vehicle%2C%20which%20is%20shown%20below%2E&CFID=19533467&CFTOKEN=83677816
    There's not many mk1's on the road these days. If you want something special, pay special price.
    Of course you can get mk1 for e500 and spend 10k and lots of time for restoration.
    I know it's difficult to sell the car like this, but there's nothing for free.
    So if your integra is a good car don't sell it for 1500. if it's broken sell it for 500 :D
    you know your car best and you should know how much it's worth.

Advertisement