Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car won't start :/

Options
  • 12-09-2006 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a garage around Clarehall/Raheny area?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Hobbes wrote:
    Anyone recommend a garage around Clarehall/Raheny area?
    I know a mechanic that works out of his house on the coast road in Raheny, and theres another one who has a place up the lane where Fingal cemetary in Balgriffin is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

IS the car turning over.
    Is the battery flat.

IF you give details of the car and specfics of the problem someone here meant be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

batterys not flat. Oil is ok. Just turn the key won't start.

I thought it might of been wet contacts but I've dried everything out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What make & model is the car. Petrol or diesel...........?

Petrol, 93 Suburu Vivio

• Advertisement

Argh.. got it working. Basically the storm last night the inside of the engine was soaking. I've had problems with wet contacts before and I dried them out but there was probably something else wet as well. Its running now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

You can some sort of aerosol spary that you can lash all over the engine to keep dampness out. Not sure of the name of it but I remember motor factors selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Sounds like the distributor caps got damp.

If you get a chance open the hood now that the sun is out and let it dry up.

GF use to have a Corsa with the same problem in the Winter, cut the bottom end of a 7up bottle and an elastic band wrapped it around the distributor cap and stopped it from getting wet.

That was four years ago. Seemed to work a treat for her.

Advertisement