Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect?

Options
  • 12-09-2006 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

Anyone else suffering from REALLY slow loading of any of the connect pages and if you try get into your subjects stuff it keeps telling you there's a system error?
    Anyone know when it'll be back to normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

It's prob under a lot of strain at the mo. Everyone logging in at once. I found web browsing a bit slower than usual yesterday. Flood of people back all choosing electives, updating Bebo with J1 pics, email etc.

Just keep trying and it should work. By next week it will be back to normal for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Le Rack wrote:
    Anyone else suffering from REALLY slow loading of any of the connect pages and if you try get into your subjects stuff it keeps telling you there's a system error?
    Anyone know when it'll be back to normal?
    admin just rang me there and said they're trying to get it back up by 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Yeah, it wont let me in to pay my fees either. Stupid gay UCD, I thought they were all about takin' the money from us...first they don't bother sending me a giro after multiple requests and now it doesn't want my Daddy's credit card. Pound of flesh, Hugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

surprise! the powers that be are saying it'll be back up at 2 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

anywhere other than SIS i can get my timetable? cos i have no idea whether i have a class or not

ah well

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

your programme office might have a master list.

connect is usually quite resilient. it's a pretty advanced system so i'm surprised it's so unreliable recently. i'd say a lot of people are starting etc and checking mail and timetables - much more server load! (you also get it peaking because people don't bunk off early in the year so don't spread themselves out!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

it seemed to come back to life there around 4pm, finally got me electives sorted...well sorta! hey elmyra want them to take your mon mon, come to science, reg fees + sci pack fees + a zillion big ass books, costing 50-70 each, + lab coats etc, and a trip to the zoo! But that one is okay!

Advertisement