Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Gen Poll

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Not going by any video ive seen, fingers crossed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

PS3
    mcgarnicle wrote:
    I'll get all 3. Have a 360 and really starting to get into it now. PS3 will have classics, just like the ps2, so is a must. I think the wii is a glorified gamecube and i think the fact they are looking for 250 euro for it is a disgrace but i will still get one as mario and zelda live there.
    On one hand you're saying that 250 is too much for a "next gen" console, but other people are then arguing that Sony are justified with their price tag of 600+ because of inflation etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Xbox 360 and PS3
    You are intentionally misunderstanding him now, he simply dosen't think the Wii is worthy of the term "next gen"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'll be getting the Wii at lauch, possibly followed by the 360 and PS3 (when both drop in price)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

PS3
    tba wrote:
    You are intentionally misunderstanding him now, he simply dosen't think the Wii is worthy of the term "next gen"

Possibly, but then it doesn't have a "next gen" price either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Xbox 360 and PS3
    20060915.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

With every other hardware release for the last 15 years I promised myself I won't buy every console at launch and spend every penny I have on the new kit, this time, looking at the 3 available, or to be available I am grateful to Sony for taking the decision out of my hands by delaying the launch of the PS3 til March 07 and making it all the easier to buy a Wii to partner the 360 beside the TV.
    Come March then I expect the PS3 to be quite irrelevant as most of the cross platform titles I want, like Test Drive Unlimited, I already have, not to mention the fact I play mostly FPS' and driving games, something the 360 has in abundance, so all the PS3 can offer me is quirky Japanese titles, sure I have a DSlite and a Wii for that!
    Probably have a PS3 by Christmas 07 though, one the second wave of software hits us, may be some quality there to warrant a purchase, not to mention a chance of a 2nd hand console!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

PS3
    I cant blame Nentendo for selling at 250, they dont have the assets and finance to blow cash down the drain like Microsoft and Playstation. And for anybody who says the playstation3 price is justified doesnt understand the situation. If you all buy the playstation3, and ignore the wii/x360 you wipe out all competition in the console market. And then Sony can charge any price they want for both hardware and games.

Ill be picking up the Wii, to have some fun with friends or for when I want a quick game of something that doesnt take days to do. For hardcore graphics and the best fps etc, I'm sticking to a pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

krazy_8s wrote:
    Ill be picking up the Wii, to have some fun with friends or for when I want a quick game of something that doesnt take days to do. For hardcore graphics and the best fps etc, I'm sticking to a pc.

Likewise. Although I'll probably pick up a 360 at some point in the future, and a PS3 maybe at some point in the far future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Squaddy

PS3 and Wii
    Wow im surprised at the amount of people planning to get a wii and not a ps3!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Squaddy wrote:
    Wow im surprised at the amount of people planning to get a wii and not a ps3!

cost versus what you see now means Wii is just more attractive. i'd say in 1 or 2 years people will buy a ps3 after a pricedrop and once the catalogue of games fills up a bit

Advertisement