Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Citroen C5 - should I buy it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,402 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Thanks folks for all your comments

Apparently the better half does not like the looks of stationwagons or most Japanese cars. We must have something in common so :D
    colm_mcm wrote:
    that voice in the back of your head tellling you that it's gonna be trouble!

Yeah I hear that voice alright. It doesn't seem like that good a deal altogether, so it ain't gonna be a C5

See my new thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Anan1 wrote:
    To give you an idea of price, I just bought a 99 Octavia 1.6 GLXi with 50,000 miles and FSH for €4,500.

And in May I got a 00 Octavia 1.6 GLXi with 68k miles and FSH for €4250 (no NCT but passed first time + 1 dent in front sill which doesn't bother me).

Also have a Citroen Picasso and, despite the conventional "wisdom" peddled on many forums, its been faultless and reliable. Spares for servicing have been cheap - oil and filter cheaper from Citroen dealer than from motor factors - and readily available. Picasso is the most comfortable car I've owned, or driven, bar none. I've also been watching the C5 prices from Merlin and have to wonder why people allow them to lose so much value. But, as with the Skoda, other people's badge snobbery is my good value.

Advertisement