Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's wrong with me?

• 12-09-2006 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Right, so I'm an 18 year old guy about to start first year in college. I started going out with this girl on the night of my results, we kinda liked each other for ages but it kicked off there, and I'm really happy with her, but for some reason I just never feel completely satisfied. It isn't the first time either, I've felt the same about other girls before, even though I knew that I'd be really unhappy without them. Same with this girl, I'd never dream of hurting her, and I know that if it ended, it would be really bad for me, and pretty much crush her. I guess jaded would be the best way to describe it.
    Last night I was getting on really well with a girl at a party, and I walked her back to her apartment, then she put her arms around me and started coming onto me. She guessed straight away that I had a girlfriend when I didnt do anything back, but I was more tempted than I should have been. I should have been able to say "I have a girlfriend." and get out of there but for some reason my mind was pushing for me to be with this girl.
    Its just strange because I know damn well that if I ever cheated on her Id be furious with myself, but at the same time is the fact that I was so tempted last night a really bad sign? I seem to have turned her down more out of compulsion not to cheat on a girlfriend than anything in particular about my girlfriend. Anyone else have any experience like this? Essentially wanting something for ages, then being unhappy as soon as you have it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

It's called being male...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

You're 18, you have a short attention span. You will have forgotten about this thread before it reaches it's conclusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Right, so I'm an 18 year old guy about to start first year in college. I started going out with this girl on the night of my results, we kinda liked each other for ages but it kicked off there, and I'm really happy with her, but for some reason I just never feel completely satisfied. It isn't the first time either, I've felt the same about other girls before, even though I knew that I'd be really unhappy without them. Same with this girl, I'd never dream of hurting her, and I know that if it ended, it would be really bad for me, and pretty much crush her. I guess jaded would be the best way to describe it.
    Last night I was getting on really well with a girl at a party, and I walked her back to her apartment, then she put her arms around me and started coming onto me. She guessed straight away that I had a girlfriend when I didnt do anything back, but I was more tempted than I should have been. I should have been able to say "I have a girlfriend." and get out of there but for some reason my mind was pushing for me to be with this girl.
    Its just strange because I know damn well that if I ever cheated on her Id be furious with myself, but at the same time is the fact that I was so tempted last night a really bad sign? I seem to have turned her down more out of compulsion not to cheat on a girlfriend than anything in particular about my girlfriend. Anyone else have any experience like this? Essentially wanting something for ages, then being unhappy as soon as you have it?

It's called being human, rather than being male. My question would be are you really sure you know what you want?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

If you were reluctant to let this new girl know that you were committed to someone else, then are you really committed? It would seem that you are still exploring relationships and do not have one in any depth at present?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

ianmc38 wrote:
    It's called being male...

correction... its called being human.

• Advertisement
Advertisement