Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring Cost

Options
  • 12-09-2006 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi guys
    anyone out there able to give me a "ballpark " figure as to the probable cost of rewiring a cottage?? Bathroom, kitchen /living room, parlour, small bedroom,hall.
    No instant shower. Elec cooker.
    Just looking for very rough estimate.... give or take € 1000.
    Thanks in advance
    t

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

ircoha wrote:

Thanks ircoha
    Can I take it that that is an informed guess ?? i.e. you a sparks or have had similar done ??
    tnx
    t

tapest wrote:
    Hi guys
    anyone out there able to give me a "ballpark " figure as to the probable cost of rewiring a cottage?? Bathroom, kitchen /living room, parlour, small bedroom,hall.
    No instant shower. Elec cooker.
    Just looking for very rough estimate.... give or take € 1000.
    Thanks in advance
    t

I was quoted €11k, but that was for a four bed bungalow, you would get a more accurate guess :rolleyes: if you say how many sockets in each room and no of light fittings etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭dools

Tapest,

We just go this done 2-3 weeks ago on a 3 bed in North Dublin. I would estimate it at between 4-5k - depending on what you are getting done. We got lots of extra sockets, tv and phone points, wired for alarm, cable for electric shower, PIR lights front and back, loads of downlighters, etc. Our house is a solid 1950's house so all the wires had to be chased also. There were loads of dodgy wires in wardrobes and between rooms,etc that the previous owner had diy'ed which all had to be ripped out.Ours came to just over 5k.

HTH

D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Lads those are good prices, as someone with alot of experience estimating electrical works I'd have a good idea, but every job is different.

Just to keep it on record a PM of the guys rewiring for 5 K would be appreciated (as long as thay are upfront as in no cash jobs etc) thankss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭elqu

dools wrote:
    Tapest,

We just go this done 2-3 weeks ago on a 3 bed in North Dublin. I would estimate it at between 4-5k - depending on what you are getting done. We got lots of extra sockets, tv and phone points, wired for alarm, cable for electric shower, PIR lights front and back, loads of downlighters, etc. Our house is a solid 1950's house so all the wires had to be chased also. There were loads of dodgy wires in wardrobes and between rooms,etc that the previous owner had diy'ed which all had to be ripped out.Ours came to just over 5k.

HTH

D

I just got mine done for 4k - three bed house, got plenty of sockets everywhere etc, tv points, electric shower, timer on emersion, needed new fuse board etc etc. Also moved gas timer etc to under the stairs. The only thing not done was alarm. He also supplied all the fittings inc shower. V basic mind you but my budget is precious! V nice guy too. Was v pleased

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I had my house rewired last year. It's a 4 bed with garage, elec shower, elec cooker. I got a couple of down lighters fitted and 3 outside lights and a couple of other extra bits and pieces. It set me back €5.8k.

Advertisement