Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with agent..help!

Options
  • 12-09-2006 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

hi

not to sure if this should be in legal, we moved into a house a while ago(signed a lease and everything) when we got there the house was in a filthy state nothing had been cleaned by the previous tenents and it really was disgusting, we were told by the an agent, we dont deal directly with the landlord, that the house would be clean when we moved in.

Anyway we rang him and asked him to get cleaners in as it was unfair we should have to clean a mess that wasnt ours, he said the landlord wouldn't pay for cleaners that we would have to do the work ourselves and that to keep receipts for everything ie cleaning supplies, new plug sockets, light blubs and curtains(theres more items that i cant think of). So as we didnt want to get of to a bad start we did the work ourselves which was pretty annoying because it took us two days.

now the problem i have is there is loads of rubbish out the back from the previous ppl, every night the bags are covered in maggots and its clear they've been attacked by rats also, we rang the agent to tell him about this to which he replied could you not go out and give the binmen a tenner to take the extra rubbish(are normal black bin is full).

my plan is to ring him tonight and also to email him pics of the state of the backyard, i was just wondering if it doesn't go well who can i report him to? is there board that makes sure agents are doing there job correctly?

sorry about the length, but if anyone has any suggestions or ideas on how to get rid of thr rubbish id be greatful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Contact Threshold (http://www.threshold.ie/), as they will be able to tell you what your rights are in this situation.

Oh and when you email the landlord, detail all of the issues that you mentioned here, include the pictures, and then keep a copy of the sent mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Talk to your local council and if necessary make a complaint to them. Rhe council won't take rotting rubbish lying down.

You might be able to get tag for rubbish bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Bill the landlord for the time it took you to clean the apartment as well. Some cheek they have. You were promised by the agent it would be cleaned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭pheasantplucker

Holy crap. That is a disgrace. Incredible that the Agent do not seem to want to help you.... Just keep screaming at the Agent. Its up to them to sort this out.. Contact Threshold immediately. They are very helpful in these situations. Best of luck...

Advertisement