Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Windscreen claim through AXA

Options
  • 12-09-2006 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi

I need to get a new windscreen for a Volvo s40. I have windscreen cover with AXA and here are my options:

a) Call autoglass. They come out and fix it. They bill AXA directly.

or

b) Bring to main dealer. Get a proper Volvo windscreen fitted. Pay the main dealer ~€500. Make a claim, send off the invoice, wait 2 weeks, get compensated.

I guess basically my question is....Would the Autoglass windscreen be inferior ? Or does it make absolutely no difference ? Over the last year, my Volvo SIPS windscreen picked up one long crack and two small "bullet-holes" so its not exactly invincible anyway.

If you believe Autoglass is the way to go, is there anything to watch out for with them ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Personnally I'd use Autoglass - less hassle. But be sure to check all the moldings around the screen when the screen is fitted - I've seen many glass fitters damage/distort these.

I also use AAA Windscreens who are mobile and may be on AXAs list.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'd go with Autoglass.

I have:D

I had a chip on my windscreen and autoglass popped out to my workplace - the chap looked and said I could fix it but i think you'll be better off getting a new screen - it won't cost you anything.
    So I did - he came back 2 days later and fitted it while I was working
    No Hassle and job was 100%

Windscreeen was actually better than my original one! does not fog up nearly as much. (for some strange reason)

BUT - and watch out for this. My premium is up for renewal next month and I'm pretty sure they are trying to sting me with extra premium.

And on a side note - who do you think fits the Dealers windscreens?
    Prob Autoglass :cool:

Mik

• Registered Users Posts: 51,240 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ChewyLuey wrote:
    Hi

I need to get a new windscreen for a Volvo s40. I have windscreen cover with AXA and here are my options:

a) Call autoglass. They come out and fix it. They bill AXA directly.

or

b) Bring to main dealer. Get a proper Volvo windscreen fitted. Pay the main dealer ~€500. Make a claim, send off the invoice, wait 2 weeks, get compensated.

I guess basically my question is....Would the Autoglass windscreen be inferior ? Or does it make absolutely no difference ? Over the last year, my Volvo SIPS windscreen picked up one long crack and two small "bullet-holes" so its not exactly invincible anyway.

If you believe Autoglass is the way to go, is there anything to watch out for with them ?

I've never seen a main dealer having windscreens in stock to be honest. They usually farm the work out to a local place like Autoglass. They then usually charge you extra for the privilage of being the middle man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

bazz26 wrote:
    I've never seen a main dealer having windscreens in stock to be honest. They usually farm the work out to a local place like Autoglass. They then usually charge you extra for the privilage of being the middle man.
    Thats exactly what happens - 99% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭ChewyLuey

Great Stuff Guys Thanks!

Shes booked into Autoglass for Friday morning, Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement