Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transporting surf board

Options
  • 12-09-2006 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

new to these boards, but have surfed four or five times , in Oz, Tramore, Lahinch and getting severe addiction to it, the only probs is that I dont own a car and live in dub , which limits my options, I intend on picking up a bic or a mini-mal of some form but does anyone know if the likes of Bus Eireann allow you to put a board in the luggage, or if it will fit , for that matter

failing that, does anyone know of any orgs that organise trips from Dub for surfing, if not I would say there is a market for it (ie.minibus hire etc everyone chip in, to go to lahinch, bundoran, sligo, wherever) wouldnt mind playing a part in organising some trips if anyone was up for it,

Any ideas much appreciated, laters

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

A bic should fit in the luggage area of a bus eireann bus no problem - no idea if they're picky about it or not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

I'm sure I've seen something about a surf bus organised from Dublin to Bundoran Adventure Centre. Dunno if they carry boards though. Failing that there is the upcoming Boards Surf Trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

i baught a 7.2 gun back , mini tank rrd and a rrd 6.2 costom on a train before , and they were grand car doesnt really hinder your options ;) bring a bike :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

If they see you chuck it in the luggage (unlikely) they charge you an extra tenner.
    Its the official extra cost for oversized luggage.
    If they dont, well... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Sunny_Dublin

these are the guys doing surf trips up to bundo:
    http://www.surfcoach.ie/
    think they're some mad australians, they once rented a house next to us, good party all night!

have fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

I'm trying to imagine some bus driver's reaction to me turning up with my 9'4'' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

soma wrote:
    I'm trying to imagine some bus driver's reaction to me turning up with my 9'4'' :D
    haha class. Anything smaller than 8 foot 0" will fit sideways in bus Eireann busses. slide it in at the back, on its edge, using other bags to keep it steady.

Works fine.

Advertisement