Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to set up a website?

• 12-09-2006 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hey folks...
    Got a idea to sell a unique product online.
    Is it hard to set up a website or would it be better to just dish out the cash and get a company to do it?

I did my research and i think it looks retively easy to set one up except for payment methods. anybody know anything about 3rd party payment gateways?

Much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Did you get an answer on this?

3rd party payments, if you're not internet savvy, are a little bit tricky. You normally use a broker such as WorldPay, PayPal or Realex to process these. What you will probably have to do is process the orders on your side, then forward the customer to one of these companies to process the payment.

Having implemented each of these brokers in some form over the last year or so, I couldnt recommend one over the other. It all depends on the volume of orders you expect to go through the website. For small orders, like 4-5 a week, go with PayPal. Reason is, the merchants normally charge per transaction, unless you specifically have a deal with them on a volume basis.

Investigate each one. And if you wanna chat to me more about it, send me a pm.

cheers
    stephen

Advertisement