Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inspiron 1300 cracked screen

• 12-09-2006 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hey all,
    Yeah ive discovered my screen has been distorted/cracked (i think some-one stepped on it :mad: ). Anyway i ckecked my warranty with dell and its ran out so i think im not covered.
    There is still power getting to the screen and i can see half of the screen (ie windows)
    I was wondering how much it would cost to replace the screen myself, and wether it is a complicated job. Or would it be best to sell the thing and just get a new one.
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

You're looking at about 330e to buy a replacement off ebay. It's not too difficult to fit, but if ur a technophobe prob best not to try. If you were to go to a repair place you might find it as cheap to buy a new 1300 considering how cheap they're going these days.

Edit: Here is the service manual showing how to replace the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

I worked for Sony before so i can't say with certainty about Dell but they should be your first contact point even if its out of warranty. Though its out of warranty they could offer you the chance to repair it but for a fee (Sony offers OOW repairs with fees relative to the damaged parts). The screen is usually the most expensive part so it might be better to get a new laptop.

Advertisement