Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Further Research - Amazon Voucher up for Grabs

Options
  • 12-09-2006 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I'm running an evaluation of an online laptop recommender system here in UCD at the minute. In order to encourage people to participate, we have put up a 100 euro Amazon voucher as a prize. Each person who successfully completes the evaluation will be eligable for entry into the draw for the voucher.

The URL for the evaluation is http://jreilly.ucd.ie

It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to complete. Thanks for your help guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Hi James! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Done.

I like the username by the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I did it ages ago Jiyong, when do I get my voucher? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

wheres the choice for alienware laptops? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Harry Mudd

unfortunately we didn't have the time to compile the data for every possible laptop out there - so no alienware laptops I'm afraid. However, there are nearly 500 other laptops in the database so there could be another one that may suit.

Cheers for the feedback though - its greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Apache Tomcat, meaning you wrote the whole thing in java - nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Harry Mudd

Yeah, wrote in Java using the Google Web Toolkit (GWT) http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/ for those of you who are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Looks like it could be pretty handy and the alienware thing was a bit of a joke ;)

Impressive that its all in java.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Damn you, getting your evaluation out first, now I can't trick people into doing mine :p

Advertisement