Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost Astra2/channels/transponders in DMbox

• 12-09-2006 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Dreambox 7020S with Gemini Image.

Was setup and working fine but when I went to tune in 16*E, I swapped out to a different channel list (one that had 16*E on it). After this, I couldnt get Astra 2 -all the others but no Astra2(28.4*E). I swapped back to the original channel list-and tried a few others - but it made no difference.

I now have the main satellites working but Astra 2 will not work.
      When I go to 'Satfind' Eurobird/Astra2/28*E isnt listed?? When I go into 'automatic transponder scan', every satellite is listed except 28.4*E/Astra2. When I go into 'motor config' => 'next page' - Astra2 is listed - but no transponders to select from in the drop-down box. When I select an Astra 2 channel, 'service could not be found' comes up immediately - whereas normally, 'please wait while motor turns to 28.4*E' would come up first. When I go to 'Satfind' Eurobird/Astra2/28*E isnt listed?? When I go into 'automatic transponder scan', every satellite is listed except 28.4*E/Astra2. When I go into 'motor config' => 'next page' - Astra2 is listed - but no transponders to select from in the drop-down box.

I've installed dremboxedit, ftp'ed into dreambox and pulled the list of services onto the pc. It shows channels and transponders for astra2??

What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭cormacl

Are you on a diseqc, motor or did you just reposition the dish to tune the different satellite?..

In the Satellite config section you need to make sure you have the correct single LNB, diseqc etc configured and that should offer the lists of the various satellites. If thats the case, its a mere restoration of the original satellite setting and then a dump from dreamset, dreambox edit of the original services and all shoudl work after restarting enigma.

If not, then its possible you have deleted the satellite definition.. which may mean its a good idea to reflash unless you have an Internet connection on the box and can download Satellite settings via the blue panel options.

if confused.. can you describe what you did to tune in the alternative satellite and also confrim your LNB setup.. single, diseqc or motor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Are you on a diseqc, motor or did you just reposition the dish to tune the different satellite?..In the Satellite config section you need to make sure you have the correct single LNB, diseqc etc configured and that should offer the lists of the various satellites.
    Its configured for a diseqc motor (moteck SG2100) with single lnb and everything is setup fine aside from having no transponders or channels show for astra 2 when I attempt to scan the sat (a channel list does show when i check under 'satellites' or 'providers' - but if i select an astra2 channel - i get 'service not found' immediately. The system doesnt seem to follow the procedure of attempting to move to that position - like it does with all the others.

There is a satellites.xml file on the box has has the various transponder details on it for each satellite.. I think you've lost 28.2 from it.

An example of the content of this file (taken from my 7025)..
    <sat name="Eurobird1/Astra2A/2B/2D (28.2E)" flags="1" position="282">
    <transponder frequency="10714000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="4"/>
    <transponder frequency="10729000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="4"/>
    <transponder frequency="10744000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="4"/>
    <transponder frequency="10758000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="4"/>
    <transponder frequency="10773000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="4"/>
    <transponder frequency="10788000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="4"/>
    <transponder frequency="10803000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="4"/>
    <transponder frequency="10818000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="4"/>

... its worth checking this file (/etc/tuxbox on my system).. so see if it has the relevant 28.2 tp list. If you can't find it, try 'find / -name satellites.xml'

If you can't find the 28.2E details in this file, then see if in the blue panel you can download an updated satellites.xml file.. I recall being able to do that with my 5620 on Gemini. (I'd call out the exact menu details but my inlaws have my 5620 now in Germany).

the alternative channel list.. what this downloaded via blue panel or uploaded by dreamset?.. I'm trying to work out where satellites.xml may have been damaged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

try relashing it with the latest official image and see if it helps, something similar happened my dreambox, in that no transponders would appear in motor setup etc for thor 1w and if i added them in transponder edit it made no difference from what I can rememeber. I probably tried reflashing it with the official image but cant remember for sure. Anyways what I did was go to transponder edit and added all the thor transponders that i could find on kingofsat and added them to amos 4w. So now what my dreambox thinks is 4w is actually 1w. If you cant get it working that should work anyways temporary until you fix it. Just add all the astra 28e transponders that you want to 36e or something.

cormacl wrote:
    There is a satellites.xml file on the box has has the various transponder details on it for each satellite.. I think you've lost 28.2 from it.
    ... its worth checking this file (/etc/tuxbox on my system).. so see if it has the relevant 28.2 tp list. If you can't find it, try 'find / -name satellites.xml'
    Just checked and its listed under satellites.xml as you described.
    cormacl wrote:
    the alternative channel list.. what this downloaded via blue panel or uploaded by dreamset?.. I'm trying to work out where satellites.xml may have been damaged.
    Downloaded via blue panel.
    try reflashing it with the latest official image and see if it helps, something similar happened my dreambox, in that no transponders would appear in motor setup etc for thor 1w and if i added them in transponder edit it made no difference from what I can rememeber.
    When re-flashing, would I lose all config settings that have been made?
    Anyways what I did was go to transponder edit and added all the thor transponders that i could find on kingofsat and added them to amos 4w. So now what my dreambox thinks is 4w is actually 1w. If you cant get it working that should work anyways temporary until you fix it. Just add all the astra 28e transponders that you want to 36e or something.
    Thanks for that - will give it a try when I get back this evening.

• Advertisement

OK.. I think what you downloaded was more than likely one of these ready to go multi-sat setups from schaedelmaster and friends.. these are generally satellite.xml files cut down to the minimum and pre-formed bouguets of channels etc.

I've been bitten by that before even with my diseqc setup.. I would download 13&19.2 and not have a dickiebird for astra2 setup.

I think what you should have done, was just tuned in the 16.0E and performed the automatic search, downloaded to dreamset and created/edited bouquets from there,

There certainly used to be a way of downloading the latest satellites.xml definitions only.. In the end I used to do that with my 5620. But when you consider new gemini releases every 2 months at worst, the satellites.xml file shat ships is usually up to date and in the end I just gave up bothering to update it.

So maybe try looking for option first before reflashing.. but as you asked, reflashing say with flash wizard pro will wipe the settings.. flashing on the serial interface won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Goto the uninstall menu for Gemini, reove the downloaded channel lists, maybe get one of the simpler ones, jokse 19.2 and 13east ones are good, then maybe go and do a full mutisat scan.

Cheers for the info lads. Will try again on Monday as works got me tied up till then.

Thanks for the input folks. I finally managed to get the finger out and get this sorted. Transferred a new channel list across using dreamedit. Astra2 would then come up under motor settings so I could move a smidgen further east and back to full lock/synch.

Advertisement