Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

friend

• 12-09-2006 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭

should i be worried that a really gud friend hasnt been answering txts or so in the past few weeks? like i know that people can be busy and that but it's just i'm worried that either something has happened to them or that i did something to piss em off - not that i recall doing anything....they live in diff part of country and away from family..and you know well it's just not like them not to get in contact and that... shud i be genuinely worried or am i getting ahead of myself in thinking somethings wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You've called right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

yeah and it just rings out...plus last time this hapened they kindda went on a bender of drink and drugs.....so kindda why i'm bit worried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

Yup. I would get in touch some way. Do you know any of your friend's neighbours or maybe have an E-mail from that friend with addresses of other people they forwarded to as well? Maybe contact those people and ask them to check on your friend.

I say this because only a few short weeks ago a friend was found dead in her appartment - and had been dead for 3 weeks before she was discovered. Awfully gruesome and tragic!

So if you care, you'll do it. If it turns out your friend is all right, they'll be touched that you care enough to do that.

And if the worst has happened, well, you'll know you've done all you can.

Hugs,

L4L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Leave a voice mail: Havn't heard from you in a while, how are things? Fancy hanging out/goin for a bite to eat/drink/coffee? Anyway, gimmie a call when you get this, it'd be good to hear from you.

Leave it a couple of days, if you still don't hear anything, call again, leae voice mail: Hey, kinda getting a bit worried, havn't heard from you in ages! Is everything ok? I hope I didn't do anything to piss you off or anything...hope all is well anyway, give me a call when you get a chance..just want to make sure everything is ok!

Have you got any mutual friends? Have you tried contacting any of them to see if they've heard from him/her?

Do you have his/her home number? Call, if they're not around, tell whoever answers you havn't heard from them in a while, is everything ok? If it is, then just leave a message saying you really want to talk to them...

After that, there's not a lot you can do unless you travel across the country to see them...If they have gone on a binge you'll just have to play the waiting game, hope everythings ok, and wait untill they snap out of it and get in touch with you..

After that you can let them know how uncool it is and if it happens again to at least keep in touch and let you know everythings ok..

:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Text, voicemail, check with friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

ring on private number

Advertisement