Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2006 Building Exhibition 14th 16th Sept RDS Simmonscourt Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I was at this two years ago when it was the building exhibition along sie the wood machining exhibition. Was a good show, alot of gimmicky DIY stands, but some good products too.

This year it runs alongside the irish sustainable bulding show. (And i noticed from the invite letter i got that our very own viking house will have a major atand there, best of luck VH)

I got an invite badge (with my name on it, i felt so wanted ;) ) in the door so I think i might drop out one of the days. Keep up with the latest gimmicks and gadgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Viking House

Thanks Mellor

I'm a bit nervous about the seminar though, there will be a lot of experts floating about. no heckling.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,132 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im hoping to go if I can push a couple of jobs aside for a day or two.

See you there viking house ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Went to this today, very disappointed to find the feature house was not in situ as I wanted to sit in the eco temple with the boards guru:)

I understand it will be erected overnight.

If anyone want to pm me with any questions please do.
    It is 5 euro to park and 12 to get in if u have no pass - www.energycabin.com is outside before you go into main hall so it can be viewed for free:) :)

The seminar area is very open, noisy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

ircoha wrote:
    Went to this today, very disappointed to find the feature house was not in situ as I wanted to sit in the eco temple with the boards guru:)

I understand it will be erected overnight.

If anyone want to pm me with any questions please do.
    It is 5 euro to park and 12 to get in if u have no pass - www.energycabin.com is outside before you go into main hall so it can be viewed for free:) :)

The seminar area is very open, noisy

Guess V H or his crew will be having a late night so!

How did his seminar go?

Is it worth the trip? Anything new?

P.S. Pass can be downloaded from the website to save the €12:)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Hi guys
    I went there yesterday. Have to say I wasn't impressed. Last time I was there 2 yrs ago it seemed bigger. Still building the house....didn't realise it was VH or I would have kept a sharp eye out.
    Expected to see RooferPete there with his wooden bullets, or 0.22 pellets lol
    t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

tapest wrote:
    Hi guys
    I went there yesterday. Have to say I wasn't impressed. Last time I was there 2 yrs ago it seemed bigger. Still building the house....didn't realise it was VH or I would have kept a sharp eye out.
    Expected to see RooferPete there with his wooden bullets, or 0.22 pellets lol
    t

I think that may be due to the success of some firms. FBT (irish supplier of poroton blocks) for example told me on the phone at one point this year that they are more interested in the Plan Expo in November. They are going after developers with their systems now and the Plan Expo is the big one for the industry apparently.

Going to take a wander out today myself though.

Yeah, plan expo is more industry based,
    The building exhibition has alot more stands that show off new tools and products. Home saunas and such.
    Plan expo is aimed at a bigger scale, building systems rather than products.
    Was there two years ago also, had my first look at ICF and alot of site products.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

Left O'Connel street by bus at 11:15 am. Arrived back on O'Connell by bus at 1:25 pm.

I think that says it all.

Got to meet viking house and see what a poroton wall with paroc external insulation looks\feels like which was pretty good. Eco house was still under construction so if you are interested in that specifically I'd leave it until late this evening or tomorrow to visit. Also got to see what Fermacell boards feel like and I will say they are a considerable improvement over regular slabs. They'd want to be though at that price.

Apart from that it fairs poorly in a comparison to the self build show in punchestown 2 weeks ago.

I didn't spend any time at the building exhibition part except walking through it on my way out.

sas wrote:
    Left O'Connel street by bus at 11:15 am. Arrived back on O'Connell by bus at 1:25 pm.

I think that says it all.

Got to meet viking house and see what a poroton wall with paroc external insulation looks\feels like which was pretty good. Eco house was still under construction so if you are interested in that specifically I'd leave it until late this evening or tomorrow to visit. Also got to see what Fermacell boards feel like and I will say they are a considerable improvement over regular slabs. They'd want to be though at that price.

Apart from that it fairs poorly in a comparison to the self build show in punchestown 2 weeks ago.

I didn't spend any time at the building exhibition part except walking through it on my way out.
    When I first seen the fermacell boards in a griffner coilte show house i wasn't too impressed, they didnt seem like they would differ much when painted. I only seen them unfinished. They do appear much more robust.

• Advertisement
Advertisement