Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Blair, address to the TUC conference today...

Options
  • 12-09-2006 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

I'm just looking at the TUC conference and Tony Blair's speech and his questions and answers session. I have to say I totally disagree with his policies on the war in Iraq and the wider "war on terrror", what ever that is. But now that I've got that out of the way, I totally admire the way he engages with people and can walk into a huge conference, allow open questions, take serious criticism from many people through questions and answers sessions and answer them fully and without fudge. There is no way on earth we'd see this happen here, imagine any member of the government over here, even Bertie, even putting themselves in this situation, never mind hold their own and engage in the debate.

I totally admire Tony Blair having seen him dealing with people today, he's getting hecked here as I speak, but he listens to what people have to say and he gives detailed answers... Why don't we insist upon this standard of debate and interaction from our political leaders in Ireland???

Advertisement