Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

Piste wrote:
    Ouch >.< can't you get it over the internet or did you not get your PIN?

Oh, I actually still have that letter! It's the longest time I've kept a sheet from school in readable condition. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭greg678

Piste wrote:
    Ouch >.< can't you get it over the internet or did you not get your PIN?
    Is there such a thing?

My bro got them, but i wont see him till later

greg678 wrote:
    Is there such a thing?

My bro got them, but i wont see him till later

Later, or tomorrow morning? ;)

And yes there is.

I got mine! :D

All Higher except CSPE

Maths - B :( I can't believe it
    Irish - B
    English - B
    French - B
    Business - B
    German - B
    Science - B (Deserved a D tbh)
    Metalwork - C (Examiner was high, I shouldn't have even passed! :D )
    C.S.P.E - A

Just kidding, I got my A in maths! :D

I'm pissed about the English because I know I could have done better if I wasn't so tired on the day of the exam. Can't say I wasn't expecting the B but I felt I could have got the A were it not for my laziness. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Woohoo!

I'm delighted with my results.:D

All higher level except for German and Religion

Irish - B (this is the result that i'm most proud of. :D)
    English - B
    Maths - C (I thought I was gonna fail, im over the moon with this)
    History C (see above :D)
    Geography B (i thought i'd get an A but oh well)
    German - B
    Business C
    Woodwork B - (delighted with that the examiner must have marked it very easy)
    Science - C
    CSPE - B (:eek: how did I not get an A! I got the whole paper correct!)
    Religion - A :D

To see that I got these kind of results is a bit strange though because it bothers me to think that I could have done a whole lot better if I had put my head down a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Maths - B
    Irish - B
    History - B
    Geography - B
    German - B
    Business - B
    Science - B
    CSPE - B
    English - C
    Religion - D

Well done. :D

Getting an A in CSPE isn't as easy as people think. Everybody thinks the paper is piss easy but they mark it fairly strictly and most people's RAPs aren't what the examiners are looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Just got mine at 12.
    All Honours:D

Maths - A
    Irish - C
    English - A:D (The first A i've ever gotten in english)
    French - C
    Science - A
    History - B (Thought I could have gotten the A.)
    Geography - A
    Music - B
    Metalwork - C
    C.S.P.E. - A
    Religion - B

Im really happy with my results. I wasnt expecting to get the C in Irish but it was an easy paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I got mine today, sort of dissapointed but I suppose I did allrite, and considering I only studied for the week before the Junior Cert I did alrite.

All Honours, except for CSPE(obviously!)

Irish - B(dissapointed with this, expected an A, might appeal!)
    English - B(happy enough)
    Maths - C(I was never good at it, and consideriong I didnt do my homework for the last 3 years, its a good result!
    History - A
    Geography - B(very pissed off about this, I thought I got about 100% in that test, it was so easy and geography is one of my best subjects, definitley going to appeal!)
    German - A(don' know how I got this result, I went for a low C in the mocks to an A in the rteal thing and I'm not even that good at German!)
    Business - A
    Science - C(it was the subject that I studied most for, but I have always been terrible at it and this is waht I expected to geta and I'm not doing any Science subject for the Leaving so I don't really about this result!)
    CSPE - B(this is a massive shocker for me, I'm not boasting or anything now but I know an awful lot about politics and often I had to correct the teacher on mistakes she made during class, the fact that I got a B in this subject shows what a joke CSPE is! The report messed me up. Definitely going to appeal!)
    Religion- A

So all in all, 4 A's, 5 B's and 2 C's. Not too bad I suppose. Two lads in my year got 11 A's!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

6 Bs, 3 Cs and 2 Ds. 8 honours.

I'm happy.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

English - B
    Irish - B
    Maths - B
    Science(1989 sylabus) - A
    B.Studies - A
    French - A
    Geography - A
    Home Economics - B
    C.S.P.E - A

:):):):):):):):):D

English - B
    Irish - B
    Maths - A
    B.Studies - A
    French - A
    Geography - A
    Home Economics - B
    C.S.P.E - A

CoolCiaran wrote:
    I got mine today, sort of dissapointed but I suppose I did allrite, and considering I only studied for the week before the Junior Cert I did alrite.

All Honours, except for CSPE(obviously!)

Irish - B(dissapointed with this, expected an A, might appeal!)
    English - B(happy enough)
    Maths - C(I was never good at it, and consideriong I didnt do my homework for the last 3 years, its a good result!
    History - A
    Geography - B(very pissed off about this, I thought I got about 100% in that test, it was so easy and geography is one of my best subjects, definitley going to appeal!)
    German - A(don' know how I got this result, I went for a low C in the mocks to an A in the rteal thing and I'm not even that good at German!)
    Business - A
    Science - C(it was the subject that I studied most for, but I have always been terrible at it and this is waht I expected to geta and I'm not doing any Science subject for the Leaving so I don't really about this result!)
    CSPE - B(this is a massive shocker for me, I'm not boasting or anything now but I know an awful lot about politics and often I had to correct the teacher on mistakes she made during class, the fact that I got a B in this subject shows what a joke CSPE is! The report messed me up. Definitely going to appeal!)
    Religion- A

So all in all, 4 A's, 5 B's and 2 C's. Not too bad I suppose. Two lads in my year got 11 A's!!

CSPE isn't all about politics you know. It's more about having a social responsinility that anything.

And appealing Junior Cert results is a bit retarted...

JSK 252 wrote:
    English - B
    Irish - B
    Maths - B
    B.Studies - A
    French - A
    Geography - A
    Home Economics - B
    C.S.P.E - A

GOT AN A in Maths not a B! Typo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

we got ya the first time :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Ciaran,

can't believe you're going to appeal.

Maybe you just didn't do as well as youi thought..

It's not always someone elses fault you know..

oRlyYaRly wrote:
    CSPE isn't all about politics you know. It's more about having a social responsinility that anything.

Yeah, esspecailly when you get a B in Irish. CoolCiaran, that's a great result. There really is no need to appeal with that, remember, you could go down aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

Irish: C (delighted my teacher thought i was going to fail, it'll sicken him to see me going into honours LC)
    English: B (not a bad result but was hoping for an A)
    Maths: C ( happy but know more work and coulda been an A)
    History: B (no teacher ever, no work! WOOO!)
    Geography: A(happy!)
    French: C (thought id get a B)
    B.S.: B (see history)
    TG: D (do not care)
    Science (new sylabus): C (decent)
    CSPE: A (easy,think i got 100%)
    Religion: B (disappointed cause thought it was an A)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please don't make the mistake of thinking JC marks are an indicator of what you will get in the Leaving.

TBH I would expect someone who just gets a C in JC Irish to struggle a bit at Higher LC level - perhaps your teacher was right.

You might beat the system with no work for Junior Cert., (because remember the exam and marking schemes are designed to have as many as possible pass), but you will not get away with no work for Higher Level Leaving cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Timans wrote:
    Ciaran,

can't believe you're going to appeal.

That's not very nice. He merely said that he didn't do as well as he hoped and he has every right to appeal should he want to.

Congrats all of you.

• Advertisement

Jeebus wrote:
    That's not very nice. He merely said that he didn't do as well as he hoped and he has every right to appeal should he want to.

Congrats all of you.

If he feels he deserved a certain grade, then that's great. He knows in his heart he did better than what his sheet of paper says. But seriously, it costs money and nobody else cares about Junior Cert results. After tomorrow, he'll never get asked about them again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

oRlyYaRly wrote:
    so is your spelling apparrently :p
    retarded

and Jeebus is right, everyone should have the right to appeal if they think that something is suspect about what they got.

oRlyYaRly wrote:
    If he feels he deserved a certain grade, then that's great. He knows in his heart he did better than what his sheet of paper says. But seriously, it costs money and nobody else cares about Junior Cert results. After tomorrow, he'll never get asked about them again.

Whether it makes a difference in the long-run doesn't matter. He may have personal reasons for wanting a good Junior Cert, and therefore want them appealed. He may want to go under an apprentice who requires certain results, he may want to go to college abroad later in life. The Junior Cert would have a great impact on whether he gets accepted or not.

It might just be as simple as he wants to apply for a Summer job, which are now in short demand due to the influx of foreign workers, and so needs to beef up his C.V as much as possible. It is even possible that the tests are just important for him, for no reason other than the principle of getting the grade he is entitled too.

Anyway, this isn't the issue, my main point is just that it wasn't nice of that guy to say:

when he has just received his results, and you could never say that was a nice or appropriate thing to say ! :)

Anyway, lets move off this. Congrats guys, hope you all got what you wanted !

I got 6A's and 5B's :)

I might aswell actually post the results.

Irish ( ordinary) - C
    English Higher - B ( I was really surprised at that, I was very sure I had failed)
    Maths Higher - D
    History Higher- B ( Verrrrrry Happy)
    Geography higher - B
    French higher - D
    Art - C
    Home Ec - B ( Myself and my teacher were really surprised at that, both of us were really happy though. Alot of people did well in my class, she went around later on with a huge smile on her face).
    Science ( revised syllabus, higher) - C
    C.S.P.E - B ( mwhahaha, that was a fun exam, I spent most of my time drawing my poster, which wasn't that good). I probably went down in C.S.P.E. becuase of the action project, I didn't really spend very much time writing that.
    Religion (higher) - B

The main thing I'm overjoyed about is that I did well in most of mine and didn't fail anything.:)

Wow, congrats Jeebus, you got great results. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Congratulations folks.
    oRlyYaRly wrote:
    After tomorrow, he'll never get asked about them again.
    Actually, after three years in college and having a Distinction in my diploma, I was still asked about my LC in an interview. So some people do look beyond one set of results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

LOL

I was only jokin with him. He's in my class and is one of my best friends.

We jeer each other. It's how it works.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Irish: B ordinary
    Maths: C Honours
    English: C Honours
    Geography: B Honours
    History: B Honours
    Science (new course): C Honours
    Business: C Honours
    German: C Honours
    Cspe: B Common
    Tech G: C Honours

Timans wrote:
    LOL

I was only jokin with him. He's in my class and is one of my best friends.

We jeer each other. It's how it works.

:p

Oh right, cool, sorry about the misunderstanding. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

6C's and 4D's terrible cnt belive it....D in Maths,Metal,Science and French..ahhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

ALL HIGHER LEVEL(bar CSPE, common level)

Science (revised syllabus)
    A
    Geography
    B
    Business Studies
    B
    Relegious Education
    B
    Maths
    B
    English
    C