Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom question

• 12-09-2006 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭

Hi all in a bit of a weird situation at the minute.
    I cannot get Eircom to release the line in my apartment as it's a business line and is still been paid for by the company. So yes I've free phone calls yippee...
    But I want broadband...now I rang Eircom yesterday to get the account number and they wouldn't give it as I'm not the owner of the account..but they did say that the broadband is still active...
    So my question is can I connect to get free broadband ? Do Eircom broadband customers use login/passswords or is it like a lan connection where it picks up automatically ?

is it through a regular phone line or do I need a router ?
    Many thanks :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Go to http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net

The settings that you'd need to enter on a DSL router are listed on the left hand side of the page. (Yes, you'd need a "DSL router" or "DSL modem" to convert any DSL signal into a format that your computer could use).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Sweet thanks

Advertisement