Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beretta Xtrema2

Options
  • 12-09-2006 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

Anybody out there bought one recently with the 'Kick-Off' System? I'd like to compare prices. I've been quated 1600 euro for a new Synthetic one. 28 inch :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

my brother has one and i have shot it

fantastic handling gun

is the low recoil an extra option or something cos my brothers kicks just as much as the original extremea

1600 seems about right, prob not the cheapest in the country but its the right ball park

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Hi lads,

I have had a AL391 Urika black syn for a couple a years now and am very happy with it,. I tried out an Xtrema a couple of months ago and was'nt that impressed, they are much lighter and kick harder IMHO. so i'll be sticking with what i've got. You should be able to pick up a good secondhand urika for around a grand.

P.S. The Xtrema i tried out was bought by a friend who has since replaced it with a xs 100.

Hezz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FAB24

Yeah the Xtrema2 has an optional 'Kick-Off' system. Twin shocks in the stock that almost eliminates kick.

....Hezz700 The Xtrema you tried. was it the Xtrema2?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

yep it was a Xtrema2 but i think it could have been a monday morning job cos it gave alot of trouble. It was'nt cycling consistently which IMHO is a big no no.

Hezz.

FAB24 wrote:
    Yeah the Xtrema2 has an optional 'Kick-Off' system. Twin shocks in the stock that almost eliminates kick.?

Can you describe it to me

My bro's Xtremea2 has a recoil pad but then there's about an inch and a half of rubber before the synthetic stok begins. Is this the kick off option thingy?????

Actually I swapped with my brother for the Xtremea2, i gave him the original Xtremea and cleared money off the debt he owes me :D

The Xtremea2 is a fantastic gun, handles amazingly, has never failed to cycle even with 28gram trap loads and is comfortable to shoot. I am going to look up the manual for this firearm cos I want to see this kick-off system cos there is definitely a decent bit of recoil from this gun. Nothing compared to a light side by side or anything like that but definitely more than the marketing would lead me to believe.

• Advertisement

Ok after looking at the manual my Xtremea2 does indeed have this kick-off system.

Definitely more recoil than they'd lead you to believe. Both my brother and I agree on this

If you think this gun has little recoil then try the Xtremea. It is a heavier gun so it naturally soaks up more recoil. On the other hand the Xtremea doesn't handle as well or doesn't fit me as well.

When firing either gun at something (clays, duck, crows, etc) you wouldn't notice it. Its just as a complete one gun versus the other.

Now i am not trying to knock the gun as I own one just trying to inform others out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FAB24

No offence taken!. Educating people is what it's all about.
    I've a fairly stocky frame. I've been shooting o/u's and a tactical cyliner bore pump with 3inch 00 buck, so the Xtrema2 is like being hit with a mallet in the shoulder compared to being tapped politely on the shoulder by an old lady... I guess it all depends on what you shoot and how often.

Then again, when u fall in love with a gun for what ever reason nobody can convince you of a bad quality on it eh?

....all. Thanks for the chat.:)

I agree with you completely there. It really depends on point of view.

when i fire the Xtremea2 the recoil isn't even noticeable compared to the 270 or my dads old side by side

Advertisement