Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much will you be getting?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I don't see how studying for the Junior or not makes it a waste of money. A good laptop is never a waste of money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

50 quid, enough to go out?

I'd manage with a tenner. :eek:

#Elites wrote:
    Food, 2x4 pack of bulmers i dont think ud manage:P

I don't intend on drinking 8 cans of Bulmers tomorrow! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Going to The Flaming Lips in Manchester in November. Sorted :D

On the topic of Bulmers, has anyone told someone that they won't be drinking tomorrow night, and been met with a look of genuine horror? What's up with that?

El Pr0n wrote:
    Going to The Flaming Lips in Manchester in November. Sorted :D

On the topic of Bulmers, has anyone said they won't be drinking tomorrow night, and been met with a look of genuine horror? What's up with that?

No, it wasn't horror. It was more of a incredulous look, then a thoughtful look, THEN the look of horror swiftly followed by an outraged look.

O__o

What amazed me most is the amount of times I was asked about it. And I don't think anyone asked me whether I think I'll do well or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Apple Gal

I got a new phone and I got 300 euro after the jc to go shopping but I broke my other phone so it was needed!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

oRlyYaRly wrote:
    No, it wasn't horror. It was more of a incredulous look, then a thoughtful look, THEN the look of horror swiftly followed by an outraged look.

O__o

What amazed me most is the amount of times I was asked about it. And I don't think anyone asked me whether I think I'll do well or not.

I hate ignorant ****ers like that. I don't get much of it my school to be honest though.

I hate ignorant ****ers like that. I don't get much of it my school to be honest though.

My school sort of attracts people from bad neighbourhoods...

I don't have anything against people from bad neighbourhoods. I am myself. But most of them are dicks.

I can just picture the conversations tomorrow. (Well, Friday more like! :D )

"So howja do?"
    "Great, ended up getting my stomach pumped in the A&E."
    "Aww, I only sexually abused a random woman on the street."
    "You think THAT's bad? I didn't even puke."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I dont know what I'll be getting but i might get something for doing well. One of my friends is getting 50 euro for every B/A he gets. So he's now getting 350 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I got around €150 when I did it last year. And my parents aren't the kind that would do that at all. I was thrilled, but a lot of it had to do with me doing a lot better than they (or I) were expecting.
    That lasted me ages..

• Advertisement

I got €50. Was expecting 20! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

My sister got me a cake, a bottle of champagne which I'm going to open with my friends on Saturday and a facial for some odd but nice reason. I got 50 in the post today from cousins and I'm going to probably get more later also.

Going to use success as a bargaining tool for so much though.

I spent 30 of my 50 on...

...an Applied Maths book! :D

I figured it was an ideal way to spend money I got for good grades but my father was shocked when he heard and gave me another 30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

I got 50, but that was to be spent on the JC night.

I also won 16 euros and got given 20 euros for being cocky. :p And I'm not going to explain, but lets just say I've got a gamblin' problem now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Just about money and drinking on the junior night:

If you're parents gave you like 50euro just for the night..are they saying "go on buy some drink have a good time" because honestly, who's going to spend that much in one night. I bought 2 bottles of water when I was out totally to around 4euro. What else do they expect you to spend it on? Just wondering..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I got 50 euro for getting good marks, and its my birthday on Sunday, that present is already sorted so basically I'm going to have a good weekend.... a LAPTOP????? Can I adopt ur parents for a while?

After I get the laptop :p

This is great! I'm basically getting everything I want so I'm going to milk it for till the end of the week before the magic wears off. At this rate I'll have saved up for inter-railing at the end of 6th year by Monday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

I got 100 euro off my mam and my dad will be giving me another 100. That makes 200.:D Much more than i expected. I might be able to afford that american strat now.

The joys of having divorced parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I got €150

Couldn't believe it. I'm very grateful. Think I'll pre-order myself a Wii.

Zelda + Wii = Happiness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 brownbread

oRlyYaRly wrote:
    "So howja do?"
    "Great, ended up getting my stomach pumped in the A&E."
    "Aww, I only sexually abused a random woman on the street."
    "You think THAT's bad? I didn't even puke."

lmao

i got 25 for a C,50 for a B and 75 for an A........totalled about 550.went towards my new guitar fund [which i ordered results afternoon and still havnt been sent it..........]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

brownbread wrote:
    i got 25 for a C,50 for a B and 75 for an A........totalled about 550.went towards my new guitar fund [which i ordered results afternoon and still havnt been sent it..........]
    Have you been ripped off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

IM IN THIRD yr now.....been promised 50 for A/B,30 for C or D,nothing for any fials........
    thats at least 200 euro...........to go towards my ps3 saving account ....i shall get a job next summer to pay for most of it,thne buy it when i get jc money in sept

oh,and costs of a night out for me:
    lift in:Nothing
    Drinks:10 euro AT MOST[i dont drink i thinks its a waste of time]
    taxi home:10/15[depending on who busy the are at time you need them] euro
    Money into Event[AOH HALL,where me and peeps go]:10 euro

thats 35 at most.......but if i needed a taxi in i would need 50

Drinks:10 euro AT MOST[i dont drink i thinks its a waste of time]

So you're going to buy a six-pack and admire it? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I got nothing but who cares its the results that matter not the money

oRlyYaRly wrote:
    So you're going to buy a six-pack and admire it? :confused:

Well I think he meant he doesn't drink alcohol :p he'd probably be buying soft drinks or something.

Jakkass wrote:
    I got nothing but who cares its the results that matter not the money

Hope you were happy with your results so. I'm kind of as mercenery as it gets.

Jakkass wrote:
    its the results that matter not the money

I can't use my results to buy clothes and makeup now can I? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

jayz, i'll be getting about 100e for each B and who knows for upwards ^_^ :o:D

Jesus. That'd have kept me going a year!

I got a party...hooray for the start of many deep friendships and one whirlwind romance. (Not mine though. :( )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Clodidah

I wasnt given anything by my parents. when i asked for money to go out they were like no fuk off you were working last weekend so you have your own money, an i was like fine. Didnt expect anything really and i go to a 'posh' school. somehow none of my friends got anything for there results. Goes to show how misjudged our school is.

Advertisement