Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eamon Dunphys new Saturday Show.

• 12-09-2006 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

08 September 2006
    Details of Dunphy's new RTÉ show announced

RTÉ Radio 1 today announced details of Eamon Dunphy's new programme. 'Conversations with Eamon Dunphy' will be broadcast at 9.10am on Saturdays from 30 September.

In the programme, Dunphy - a well-known radio and television presenter, journalist, author, sports pundit and ex-football player - will talk to prominent Irish people about their lives, passions and the music that inspires them.

Speaking about the programme, he said: "I'm delighted to be presenting this new programme on RTÉ Radio 1. This is something I've always wanted to do. I plan to have interesting guests, some humour, some insight and a relaxed Saturday morning atmosphere."

'Conversations with Eamon Dunphy' will be followed by Ruth Buchanan's 'Playback', at the later time of 10.02am, while Marian Finucane's show continues in the same Saturday slot at 11.02am.

I saw a billboard ad this morning, it suggests something quite exciting but we'll see about that!

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Wasn't Mooney goes Wild on at 1000 on Sats...is he gone???

I wouldnt expect too much excitement from Dunphy... tbh... probably mutual backslapping and plugging books... enough of that already I would have thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭medja

Wasn't Mooney goes Wild on at 1000 on Sats...is he gone???

I wouldnt expect too much excitement from Dunphy... tbh... probably mutual backslapping and plugging books... enough of that already I would have thought.

Mooney will be going wild on Friday afternoons from now on.

The show from monday to thursday is supposed to be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

wasn't there a show on RTÉ just like this before with a female presenter (can't for the life of me remember her name)?

Carrie Crowley???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

My money's on Robert Fisk to be the first guest.

• Advertisement

God help America:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Carrie Crowley???

that's the one

Sssssssssssssssmall prize at last to the Bantam;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

It was "Impressario" Noel Pearson, and it was so good it set back radio back 20 years.

John Peel doing a good radio show from his home is one thing but a radio show in Montrose that sounds like a chat in the living room pausing whist Eammo sticks an lp on the Grammophone is another thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭sudzs

I love Sean Og and I love Eammo, but dear gawd, it is soooooo boring! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think Eamo needs to be up most of the day before he comes alive.

Mike.

Advertisement