Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need your help

• 12-09-2006 9:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have just cut myself shaving, the cut is pretty raw and I have a lunch tomorrow with someone I recently asked out, as I said the cut looks pretty raw and disgusting does anyone know of any household products [i.e lime juice, vinger etc.] that will speed up the healing process or at least quicken the scabbing

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Do you need stitches? If not, give a call to your pharm? There's something that comes in a white stick, but I cannot remember the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

If you have vitamin E, chances are it's somewhere around the house in a moisturiser ask your sister or mam.

It's not gonna be healed by tomorrow. What I'd do if I was in your situation is to make a joke of it when you met for lunch, girls tend to like a guy who can laugh at him self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Well, presuming you were using a razor, and not a broken piece of glass.. then the cut could not be THAT bad.. So just be thankfull you don't have a giant spot on the end of your nose and chill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I'm agree with lundi: it cant be that bad. It probably apprears worse to you than it actually is/. It will dry a bit over night and you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Just make sure it doesn't get infected though!
    and like gillo said..make a joke out of it tomorrow.
    You never know,she might want to kiss it better!;) :D
    Best of luck!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Dub_Ster

say something like , i ws that nervous about meeting you last night i cut my self shaveing . and make shore you make your hands shake , ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't have anything covering or irritating it either, let us know how you get on. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Just say you did it while hunting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

remember I cut myself just below the eye with a mach 3 blade= 3 nice 1 inch scars below my eye..teach me to rush next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

My best mate is a tattooist and he swears by Savlon for healing. Also, any cream that contains Teatree oil or Aloe Vera would be good. I wouldn't care at all if a guy turned up with a cut on his face, scars are really f*cking sexy!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Bright Smile

I swear to you, sudocreme is the business for something like that, put it on tonight before you go to sleep and it should help the cut to heal somewhat by tomorrow- it really is the business! sounds disgusting but i use it on spots/cuts and its brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Custodian

I swear to you, sudocreme is the business for something like that, put it on tonight before you go to sleep and it should help the cut to heal somewhat by tomorrow- it really is the business! sounds disgusting but i use it on spots/cuts and its brilliant
    I find sudocreme doesn’t work all that well, on me anyway.

Cutface wrote:
    I have just cut myself shaving, the cut is pretty raw and I have a lunch tomorrow with someone I recently asked out, as I said the cut looks pretty raw and disgusting does anyone know of any household products [i.e lime juice, vinger etc.] that will speed up the healing process or at least quicken the scabbing
    For future reference, If your trying to heal a cut fast, then try using salt, but it will sting a lot.

how did your lunch date go in the end????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Its called Stap stic. used be used a lot for stopping shaving cuts bleeding, and apparently by stupid hairdressers who cut your damn neck (I was quite annoyed about that one :P)

Advertisement