Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying San Andreas gameplay problem

• 12-09-2006 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭

I am playing San Andreas on quite a powerful pc. The specs are 2.93GHz over 1GB Ram and it has a 6200Geforce video card. Now the game keeps slowing up on me as in the frame rate. i have tried adjusting the display setting s in the game but its just not working. Anyone have any solutions ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Mmm, sounds like more of a performance problem than a gameplay one :p
    But anyway... there's another main place you should check for your graphics settings... in the windows Display Properties (then into settings and advanced) there should be a tab there for your geforce settings.
    Under Performance & Quality settings, try forcing anti-aliasing and antistropic filtering to 'off'... lower the "image settings" down to performance.
    That should ease the burdon on the gfx card if they're otherwise being forced to higher settings.
    If there's no GeForce tab in your display properties/settings/advanced... try downloading the latest drivers from the nVidia website (which might be a good idea in general).

Other things to think about are the background tasks you have running in windows... though most background apps these days don't cause that much overhead compared to the amount of processing power available... try pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and looking at the performance tab while the computer is idle... that should give you some idea.
    I think it's mainly your gfx card struggling though... I haven't used a 6200, but my spidey senses tell me it's a heap of crap.

As for settings specific to GTA, I found turning down the 'effects quality' (I think it was called) gained me the best performance increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭MB44

thanks a million .I followed all ur tips and it works perfect now. You ledgend!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

cool

Advertisement