Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just got my bt bill

Options
  • 12-09-2006 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

I fust got my second bt bill online and it is 45 instead of 40 (bt bb option 1) does any one know wtf is going on

Broadband Option 1 Two Monthly Rental Fee37.19

Other charges and credits0.00

Total Discounts Received0.00

Total Charges (ex. VAT)37.19

VAT @ 21.0% 7.81

Total Charges this period (incl. VAT)45.00

Ps my last bill was 86 euro and they said it was 20*2 + 40 install + vat???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

If you receive a paper bill (that is through the post) then it would seem to
    be correct. There is a €5 discount if you opt for online billing.
    The problem as I found out to my cost is that you have to actually request
    online billing, as the default option is a paper based bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

i requested online billing after i got the first bill, but they do not seem to have any way to see the status of the billling method, you can only change it

and why isnt that 5 euro under other charges rather than included in the bb, or am i starting to realise the dreaded bt billing system:( :(

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

You have to register online then you can access your account and
    change the billing from paper to online.
    I changed halfway through a billing period so that bill was at the higher rate and I am waiting for my next one to check if the online discount has been
    applied. From what I read on the boards, BT customer care is a little lacking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Dermot2468 wrote:
    Total Discounts Received0.00
    Go to the btireland.com website, click on the "View My Bill" link, and register your account. Then make sure that your account is set for "Online Billing" to get the €5 "Online Billing discount". (That's €5 per 2 month bill, not €5 per month).

BT really shouldn't be advertising their discounted prices without making it much clearer that that's not the default price.

• Advertisement

Dermot2468 wrote:
    and why isnt that 5 euro under other charges rather than included in the bb, or am i starting to realise the dreaded bt billing system:( :(
    Because you're not being charged extra for a paper bill, you're getting a discount for getting an online bill.

Even if you never received a paper bill in the first place!

heres a quote from the bt website where you change to online billing

At the top of the page: Please note: if you select a paper bill you will no longer receive a €5 discount per bill for online billing.

At the bottom of the page: Note: paper delivery has an extra charge of 7.50 Euro.

sending mixed messages me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Dermot2468 wrote:
    I just got my second bt bill online
    Did anyone actually read the original post? He's already registered online and getting the bills online too.

It would appear that BT are not discounting you the €5, a phone call or email to customer.care@btireland.ie is the only way to fix it. On the bill, the "Total Discounts Received" section should say -4.13 (which is the €5 ex VAT).

This is the exact text on the billing method page for me, I've bolded the important bits:
    All btireland.ie phone customers receive a €5 discount per bill for online billing.
    You may also choose to receive your BT bill in paper format for an
    additional charge of €2.50 per bill.

Please note: if you select a paper bill you will no longer receive a €5 discount per bill for online billing.

! Note: paper delivery has an extra charge of 7.50 Euro.
    So it's €5, €2.50 and €7.50 for the paper bill :confused: How exactly does that work?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

jor el wrote:
    So it's €5, €2.50 and €7.50 for the paper bill :confused: How exactly does that work?

<mr spock voice>
    Logically Captain this would indicate that not opting for either would result in no bill at all
    </mr spock voice>

I would be intrigued to hear the clear and concise explanation from complaints@btireland.ie for that particular logic bomb :D

jor el wrote:
    Did anyone actually read the original post? He's already registered online and getting the bills online too.

It would appear that BT are not discounting you the €5, a phone call or email to customer.care@btireland.ie is the only way to fix it. On the bill, the "Total Discounts Received" section should say -4.13 (which is the €5 ex VAT).

This is the exact text on the billing method page for me, I've bolded the important bits:

Well, if they don't give you the €5 discount, and they charge you an additional €2.50 per bill for a paper bill, then it would amount to €7.50 more per bill than if you just had online billing.

Of course, I didn't get a paper bill or a €5 discount for a while, until I registered for online billing.

Clear as Mud!

(It's still better than the recent eircom bill that I saw that claimed that, as the recipient was on the eircom Bronze Options package, an additional €4.94 was being added to his bill to bring him up to the "minimum spend" of €12.80 for the eircom Bronze Options package).

• Advertisement

Sponge Bob wrote:
    <mr spock voice>
    Logically Captain this would indicate that not opting for either would result in no bill at all
    </mr spock voice>
    Funny you should mention that. For a number of months I received no bill, and no discount - just an automatic deduction of €65 from my credit card every other month. Once I actually registered for online billing, I got an e-mail telling me when my bill was available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Foxwood wrote:
    Well, if they don't give you the €5 discount, and they charge you an additional €2.50 per bill for a paper bill, then it would amount to €7.50 more per bill than if you just had online billing.
    Well I know my first bill was paper as I didn't select online billing when I signed up online. They charged me €5 for that, not €7.50, but who knows what goes on in the mind of a BT accountant.
    (It's still better than the recent eircom bill that I saw that claimed that, as the recipient was on the eircom Bronze Options package, an additional €4.94 was being added to his bill to bring him up to the "minimum spend" of €12.80 for the eircom Bronze Options package).
    I used to get that with Eircom too, what a rip-off. Of course they claimed I was getting all kinds of free things like five minutes of off-peak local calls or some such and free itemised bill, which only listed the 10 most frequently called numbers.

Foxwood wrote:
    Funny you should mention that. For a number of months I received no bill, and no discount - just an automatic deduction of €65 from my credit card every other month. Once I actually registered for online billing, I got an e-mail telling me when my bill was available.

I'd say they printed it and the €2.50 was for posting it out , you never paid the €2.50 so they shredded it. There has to be some explanation :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Dermot2468 wrote:
    Ps my last bill was 86 euro and they said it was 20*2 + 40 install + vat???
    That's one lie you can pull them up on. The €20 p/m fee and the €40 install fee already include vat so it wouldn't be "plus vat".
    BT Website wrote:
    *New customers for Broadband Options 1, 2 and 3 will default to online billing. Billing is two-monthly. If you require a paper bill, you will not receive the online billing discount of €2.50 per month (inc VAT).
    It would appear you are registered for online billing but the discount is not being applied to your bill. Ring or email them to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

When I changed over to online billing with BT, it took about 4-5 months before they they started deducting the €5 off the bill. You will need to ring them............and then you'll need to ring them............and then you'll need to ring them again. I didn't get the backpay deductions either surprise surprise.

email complaints@btireland.ie and tell us how it goes . Backdated online billing rebates should be forthcoming on your next bill .

Also confirm that this bit below is INDEED the case and from WHEN does it apply EXACTLY .
    "*New customers for Broadband Options 1, 2 and 3 will default to online billing"

One would not want ones reputation sullied by the BT billing system :( were one minded at all to send any business their way .

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Esat BT rang me the other day telling me that I owed them €1009 euro for about 3 years of IOL NO Limits service.

Agreed to pay them back €100 a month. They changed me to online billing 5-6 months ago and never told me. In fact they never really told me anything. Joke of a company for billing.

When I changed over to online billing with BT, it took about 4-5 months before they they started deducting the €5 off the bill. You will need to ring them............and then you'll need to ring them............and then you'll need to ring them again. I didn't get the backpay deductions either surprise surprise.
    I've had good experience submitting that sort of reuest through http://btireland.custhelp.com. That way you've got an e-mail record of when you raised an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Trumps

Seems like the old BT billing fiasco is never going to go away. ! I am on a monthly payment plan, paying for 12 months when they could not provide any bills, but I keep getting nasty letters telling me if I don't pay up in full they will disconnect my service. !! Seems like Credit control doesn't know what Billing is doing. ?? :mad:

sent off a e-mail to bt ill see what happens

• Advertisement
Advertisement