Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Induction Week?! :S

Options
  • 12-09-2006 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hey everyone!

I'm just starting business in DIT this week. Today we had our registration and orientation where they just ran through how the course works etc. etc.

We then got a timetable showing our classes for the 1st semester before going home. 1st semester dosen't begin until next Monday though. Some of my friends doing Marketing got "Induction Timetables" for classes they must attend this Wed, Thurs, Fri, ASWELL as their 1st semester timetables.

I didn't get any "Induction Timetable" and I'm pretty sure nobody else in my class did. I checked the welcome pack and didn't find anything of the sort.

So I'm wondering, am I to just stay at home until teaching starts on Monday?

Any help is appreciated. Sorry to post a stupid question like this but I just don't want to be missing early days :rolleyes:

Cheers,
    Enda!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

same for me am doing retail and service

im not in til monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Um yeah, stay at home... ? Unless you want to go into college and do some pre-study-study? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

They are good days for meeting people and getting you head know around the place. The early days are the best for meeting peopel cause every one is shy and what not. Also time to catch on up some beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

ah here what im not getting out of bed if i dont have to. fuk that lol :D

In other news, the porters in Aungier St. are hopeless man. I went in the door and asked one of them where reg. was. He told me to go down to the cafe java area and wait. I waited there for like 45 mins before asking another student who directed me to a room on the other side of the building ffs.

Honest to god, what are these people paid for???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

yea...something you'll learn quickly in dit is the porters are useless, if you think aungier street porters are bad, you should see the one's in kevin street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

the porters in aungier st are legends.. I lost my blue fleece once and your man holds up a black duffel coat of some sort and goes "This it eh??" :confused::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

You'll soon learn that not only are all the porters completeltly useless but so is everyone involved in Administration in DIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

DIT Admin are useless, but I found the porters were pretty much on the ball... although occasionally a bit disgruntled... but they knew their stuff.

I was in the library on Tuesday... loads of frickin 1st years getting tours, lookin over my shoulder at my laptop while I hit up the Bebo to avoid work... pesky 1st years... with their enthusiasm and cocky post leaving cert ways.

We were at the beach, everybody had matching towels...

... Rock Lobster.... RAWK Lobster... nnnnneheheh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

You'll soon learn that not only are all the porters completeltly useless but so is everyone involved in Administration in DIT.

my time in DIT shud be a blast so. I'll ask a porter where the library is and he'll direct me to Champion Sports lol :D

Advertisement