Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Removing the keyboard

• 12-09-2006 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Any tips on how I can remove the keyboard from my lappy? It's an Acer 1670.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hammer, chisel and a bit of the old elbow grease, chip away until it comes off. :)

I was looking for a service manual for that laptop but came up with nothing useful. According to a few searches on their website, to install memory modules on some of acer laptops, the keyboard has to come off. See if any of the method below is any use to you.
    Firstly you have to remove the covers of the hinges on the right and left hand side under the LCD Display by pulling them towards the outside.
    You can then flip the keyboard towards you. Be careful, the keyboard is attached to the mainboard with 2 flat cables.
    In the now opened Notebook you see a service-lid, fastened with 2 screws. Please remove screws and service-lid.
    You now have access to the memory-socket. There is only one way to intoduce a new memory-module for it possesses an asymetric nick which corresponds with the plastic-nipple in the socket.
    After fastening the screws and hinges once more and closing the Notebook, you may start it once again.

Advertisement