Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefighters Attacked In Waterford

• 12-09-2006 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

this is what is happening to your cities firefighters when they ge called out to deal with an emergency....... do you think it is fair to be targeted like this?????????:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

portlairge wrote:
    this is what is happening to your cities firefighters when they ge called out to deal with an emergency....... do you think it is fair to be targeted like this?????????:mad:

That's a bloody disgrace! They call the cops?

(btw. it's 'firemen' in Ireland is it not?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

That's terrible, really bad.

I've heard of it being done in Dublin before, but only in the worst of areas.

Disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

portlairge wrote:

Scumbags. They should hose the f*****s down.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

I could never understand this lunacy.Its also not the first time its happened in Waterford. Its also not uncommon these days.I've heard of it happening in all the major cities in Ireland over the last 15years and up North.England too.In fact I doubt this is uncommon antwhere because I know it happens quit a bit in Paris when there is riots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Underclass

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Were the Gardaí called? Its about time we had some sort of radical move in this country to combat this kind of thuggery.

I mean bootcamps, mandatory 10 year sentences without parole for someone who attacks the emergency services, 30 years for posession of an unlicenced weapon etc.

Sentences that would make people think twice about anti social behaviour. We have the rights in this country, not them. Its about time they were reminded of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Vadrefjorde

:mad: :mad: :mad: It was only a matter of time before it progressed to this in Waterford.... We've already had "no go areas" for the cities bus services due to stoning. Hijacking pizza delivery men which left the law abiding members of certain areas deprived of yet another service thanks to these tw*ts.
    What next, mug the Caredoc?????????

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

imho it should be 5000e fine or 6 months jail for attacking a Dr or fireman tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Portlairge, can you give us an idea as to where it happened, and what actually went on etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I think it's called 'Blue Light Rage' or some other fancy ass buzzword. Some people just see the fire and ambulance service as an extension of the cops/govt. and act like this.
    Whatever you call it it's a fcuking disgrace. Their names and addresses should be noted and blacklisted by every emergency service out there. If they ever need a fire in their houses put out the lads should be entitled to tell em to get fcuked. They made their bed they can lie in it.

• Advertisement

:mad: :mad: :mad: It was only a matter of time before it progressed to this in Waterford.... We've already had "no go areas" for the cities bus services due to stoning. Hijacking pizza delivery men which left the law abiding members of certain areas deprived of yet another service thanks to these tw*ts.
    What next, mug the Caredoc?????????

Didn't realise buses were being stoned. Sad to see that come to Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

Bring back public floggings I say...

Bards wrote:
    Bring back public floggings I say...

Sir, you shew admirable restraint in light of events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭portlairge

(btw. it's 'firemen' in Ireland is it not?)[/QUOTE]

actually its firefighters worldwide to be p/p

and the gardai were called but we were long gone by that time and it happened while PASSING a local halting site....

this is not the 1st time we have been attacked it happens in a few areas around the city and the appliances have sustained broken windows, lights, and bodywork damage on a lot of occasions its only a matter of time until one of us gets seriously injured.
    it has happened alread in dublin with a firefighter getting a bottle thrown at him and he recieving nearly50 stiches to his face and again this happened while passing an area of the city.

we need to get this stopped in our city now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kilbarry?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

merlante wrote:

I was sitting on a bus a few years ago and they threw a brick at the window. Heard afterwards it was a regular occurence.

Also where I live at the moment we have no payphone as it was smashed every single time they put in a new one. Its disgraceful. Thankfully we have mobile phones now. We're also missing out on bus shelters due to vandalism. Its a disgrace and I agree boot camps or something should be enforced on kids who do this.

Also where I live we can order from ANYWHERE no problem but one night was in my mates house which is only 7 mins walk away but because of the vandalism of certain people she can't get anything delivered. Its so unfair that a few thugs can ruin some peoples chance to treat themselves and order in a pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

merlante wrote:

on city bus which stopped outside the WIT. while it was stopped about 10 little knackers came running out of Ballybeg and proceeded to pelt rocks at the bus

getting a bus from Dungarvan to Waterford the bus again stopped in the same place. same situation and the drivers window was smashed by a rock

those little ***** should be beaten to a pulp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Stark

We've had this kind of **** in Cork for as long as I can remember. Parts are no-go areas after dark. It helped a bit when they started targetting the behaviour in the schools. Half the kids don't know any better and will either grow out of it, or get the hint from someone. The other half will grow out of throwing stones and move onto petrol bombs and stiletto beatings. Life would be so much better if the latter were exterminated early and often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Was going on left, right and center when I lived in Dublin about 10 years ago. I guess it was only a matter of time before it caught on here. Doesn't make it any less scummy though :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It's a pity that people feel it's acceptable to do such things! I'm amazed that they are oblivious to potential consequences of their actions!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I'm amazed that they are oblivious to potential consequences of their actions!

that would require them to be able to think of someone bar themselves

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Talking to pure scum like that just doesnt work.. they simply dont have he brainpower to comprehend what they are doing..

Getting them and breaking a few bones is the only way and maybe doing it in front of a few of their mates might work.. everytime it happens, get them and break a few fingers.. keep doing it until it stops.

Who knows, by the time they have all their fingers, 2 arms and a leg broken, they might get the message... :D

Tox

ToxicPaddy wrote:
    Talking to pure scum like that just doesnt work.. they simply dont have he brainpower to comprehend what they are doing..

Getting them and breaking a few bones is the only way and maybe doing it in front of a few of their mates might work.. everytime it happens, get them and break a few fingers.. keep doing it until it stops.

Who knows, by the time they have all their fingers, 2 arms and a leg broken, they might get the message... :D

Tox

Have to say, that's the only way to call the knackers up!

I say if you have more than X convictions against you, the cops should be allowed to get rough.

Hopefully McDowell, as much as he is likely to try to ban drink or something,
    will be the hard man on scumbags that he's been threatening to be for years.

The only thing scumbags understand is violence. No use trying to rehabilitate them after the age of 8. I'd prefer the odd protester or bystander to get a hiding from the cops in the wrong, in order to give them more 'flexibility' in dealing with the knackers.

Then maybe people will be able to get a pizza delivered to their door again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Freddie59 wrote:
    Scumbags. They should hose the f*****s down.:mad:

That should seriuosly be allowed, i mean if the firefighters are out of the truck and have the hose ready i dont see why the should stop them from doing it in self defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

If they are going to be hosed perhaps a few bars of soap should be thrown in for good measure:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Advertisement