Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well, our Junior cert journey has come to an end...

• 12-09-2006 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭

Over the last 6 months or so this forum has been good to me.

So, I guess it's over to the LC board from now on in.:)

I hope everyone had a good 3rd year to remember, but here's to an even better 5th year! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

I'm going to get emotional now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm still subbed to this forum for the time being, but I guess I should scuttle over and make the TY board a bit more active.

Piste wrote:
    I'm still subbed to this forum for the time being, but I guess I should scuttle over and make the TY board a bit more active.

I reckon you're fighting a losing battle.

Yeah it's pretty dead...not as lively as this ol' place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

We should get our own spam forum tbh.

• Advertisement

TCN tbh.

TCN used to be good but not anymore. :(

I remember me and a few Cuckoo's Nest regulars set up our own little board before. Those were some of the best internet moments I have ever had on that board.

And the amount of spam was amazing. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Yeah this forum served me well over the last few months, thanks for the memories guys! 2nd and 3rd Year were the best years of my life, my class was such good craic, I enjoyed every minute of it! Pity my 5th year class is not so great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Piste, one would hope you'd remain subbed to the forum, being mod and all. : p

Yes, that's the only reason why I'm still subbed here, to make sure the younglings don't get out of control etc. =p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Linkdude

Well done. Your mystical journey is over, too bad for me, I'm sitting the Junior Cert at the end of the school year. Haven't seen many others like me around yet, am I early or something? :rolleyes:

I think I saw one other person around...we may have scared her away though :D anyway welcome to the forum, once you're in, you're in for life (or until you finish the JC/become mod of the JC forum)

Linkdude wrote:
    Well done. Your mystical journey is over, too bad for me, I'm sitting the Junior Cert at the end of the school year. Haven't seen many others like me around yet, am I early or something? :rolleyes:

Hey, you don't happen to be Link from Radox do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Linkdude

Hey, you don't happen to be Link from Radox do you?

Nope.

On another note, does anybody think this weekend is a good time to get into the studying and all in preparation for my journey. :P

Linkdude wrote:
    Nope.

On another note, does anybody think this weekend is a good time to get into the studying and all in preparation for my journey. :P

If you start studying in April that should give you more than enough time for preparation but it's really down to you on when you want to start studying. I seemed to get on alright by studying the night before the exam but if you want to get A's you should at least start studying a month before your exams.
    One of my main regrets though is not studying as much as I should have because I know I could have done a lot better in the Junior Cert and that I didn't use my full potential so try not and let that happen to you.

But my advice to you is to take it one step at a time and do small little bits of work along the way instead of trying to do huge chunks of work the night before an exam. And don't say something that you won't hold yourself to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭superdudeman007

Im doing the JC this June and I'm not gonna start studying til halloween or after. It gets easier once you have notes and stuff anyway so why waste time all year?

Linkdude wrote:
    Nope.

Doing every bit of your homework from now until June is the best way to go. And if you really want to study, make sure you've finished your homework for said night first.

I always made a distinction between "studying" and "learning". For me, I tried to learn as I went on, if we covered a topic in class I'd make sure I understood it fully and could do my homework on it without looking at the book, then during "study" time I'd revise it. The best thing is to learn as you go, not to be learning stuff a few months before the exam because otherwise you'll just get your pretty little head into a panic and wont be able to take anything in. So work at learning stuff for the time being, maybe a bit of light revision of the 1st/2nd year course, but leave the heavy revising until after Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I studied (if you could call it that) from september. I actaully started getting it sometime in February. Whatever you do, revise teh theorems in Maths over and over and over, until you're cursing Pythagoras's life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭disney

I studied (if you could call it that) from september. I actaully started getting it sometime in February. Whatever you do, revise teh theorems in Maths over and over and over, until you're cursing Pythagoras's life.

He served us well tho! 20 easy marks, if he didnt come up I wud have cried!!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement