Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K750i & Firmware Upgrade

• 12-09-2006 9:53pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My phone is turning off and on.

Also from time to time the animated screen goes and there is a black square when I navigate the menu.

Googled it a bit and it says that it could be a firmware update.

Any one know which is the best firmware to upgrade/downgrade to know.

Also how do you check your firmware and change it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

kearnsr wrote:

> * < < * < * displays firmware version

< = left joystick
    > = right joystick

Also if you can update your firmware by using Sony's own firmware update (if Operator Branded it may not be the very latest R1CA021)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

skearon wrote:
    > * < < * < * displays firmware version

< = left joystick
    > = right joystick

Also if you can update your firmware by using Sony's own firmware update (if Operator Branded it may not be the very latest R1CA021)

The software on it says
    R1AA008

By the looks of it I'm well out of date but I only got the phone about 2 months ago.

kearnsr wrote:
    The software on it says
    R1AA008

By the looks of it I'm well out of date but I only got the phone about 2 months ago.

That was released by Sony December 2005, there have been four releases since then, details below:

R1CA021
    - Released on SEUS for the K750 on 22/05/06.
    - Increased Camera software version. Photo and Video quality, however, do not appear to have changed noticably.
    - FIX: The Animated menu items bug for Themes is mostly resolved. After applying a theme with an animated menu, we still need to go to the Settings or Calls menu to start the animation, but it will not disappear again after this.
    - JBenchmark 3D LQ: 206
    - JBenchmark 3D HQ: 125
    - JBenchmark 2: 333
    - JBenchmark 1: 3934
    - Software versions:
    LCD 0
    Camera 5.3

R1BD001
    - Released for Polish operator PLUS for K750 and W800 on 6/4/06
    - Beta firmware
    - Software versions:
    LCD 0
    Camera 4.5

R1BC002
    - Released on SEUS for the K750 on 9/3/06.
    - Released on SEUS for the W800 on 18/3/06
    - Free memory is now listed in MB instead of KB.
    - Photos are now taken as soon as the shutter sound is heard.
    - Slight increase in speaker and headphone volume.
    - Slight increase in phone responsiveness.
    - Prevent IMEI changes through third party tools.
    - FIX: Background noise during lower volume calls ('hissing bug') now fixed.
    - FIX: All USB transfer issues now fixed.
    - FIX: Increased stability in PhotoDJ and VideoDJ applcations.
    - BUG: m4a tags are not read with this firmware.
    - JBenchmark 3D LQ: 202
    - JBenchmark 3D HQ: 126
    - JBenchmark 2: 340
    - JBenchmark 1: 3889
    - Software versions:
    LCD 0
    Camera 4.5

R1BA013
    - Released 24/02/06.
    - Add new profile in Settings / Connectivity / Device mgmt., possibly to enable phone-based firmware updates.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

So I should update the firmware for all of these patches? Or will the last one do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

kearnsr wrote:
    So I should update the firmware for all of these patches? Or will the last one do?

The last one will do. If you download the SE updater then it should work automatically.

• Advertisement

dal wrote:
    The last one will do. If you download the SE updater then it should work automatically.

Unless current firmware is branded, as often the operator specific firmwares take time to be updated, if they bother at all

Its unlocked and unbranded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

kearnsr wrote:
    My phone is turning off and on.

Also from time to time the animated screen goes and there is a black square when I navigate the menu.

Googled it a bit and it says that it could be a firmware update.

Any one know which is the best firmware to upgrade/downgrade to know.

Had the exact same problem as you for ages and it was annoying as hell, then I updated to R1BC002 firmware and hasn't crashed since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

kearnsr wrote:
    Its unlocked and unbranded

Then download the sonyericsson update service and install the drivers for the K750i!

Advertisement