Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Phones out there better than K750i

• 12-09-2006 10:35pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Due an upgrade. On Meteor at the mo. Not gona change phones if there is a better phone out there.

Would prefer not to go to Vodafone due to branding.

ANy one got any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Whens the k800i out on Meteor?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Whens the k800i out on Meteor?

I thought it was out all ready but it isnto n there website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

kearnsr wrote:
    Would prefer not to go to Vodafone due to branding.

Depends on phone you get, most can be reflashed with generic, unbranded firmware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

As the K800i is a 3G phone, Meteor might not be launching it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

BuffyBot wrote:

Well they might at some point but first they need a 3G license and then they need to build their 3G network :)

Three have the k800i at present on PAYG and Billpay

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

BuffyBot wrote:

Sorry I meant the W810i got my phones mixed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭ns06

I'd say the K800i as it's the best phone i've had yet, or the W810i which should be coming out exclusively to Carphone Warehouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Meteor have the N91 which is 3G. There's a good chance that the K790i could make an appearance if they get their asses in gear. It's the K800i but with EDGE instead of 3G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ns06 wrote:
    I'd say the K800i as it's the best phone i've had yet, or the W810i which should be coming out exclusively to Carphone Warehouse
    Exclusively to carphone warehouse? On Meteor?

chrislad wrote:
    Meteor have the N91 which is 3G. There's a good chance that the K790i could make an appearance if they get their asses in gear. It's the K800i but with EDGE instead of 3G
    And without the front camera too i think.

• Advertisement

ciaranfo wrote:
    Exclusively to carphone warehouse? On Meteor?

That's what i heard!

Has anybody seen the W810i in a Meteor store, on any other network or store??

That's not true ns06. Meteor in Henry St have the W810i for sale.

ciaranfo wrote:
    That's not true ns06. Meteor in Henry St have the W810i for sale.

Did you see for how much?

Ah right cool.

It'd be a pretty cool phone as it still uses Pro Duo memory cards instead of the piece of sh*t M2 cards Sony released for the K800i!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

Its 129 in the limerick meteor store, carphone warehouse has it for 169 both talk 60

Brendygg wrote:
    Its 129 in the limerick meteor store, carphone warehouse has it for 169 both talk 60

Sweet. Sounds like a decent price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Was in a similar situation, with an O2 upgrade due. Thought that technically there probably isnt anything better that the K750i in the price range at the moment but
    1)thought it a bit thick and liked the idea of a thin fone as I carry them in my trousers pocket and the 750 is above average on this front
    2)it really is dull to look at. for a fine fone its a pity that it looks like such a low level fone (apart from the nice screen) - Nokia 3120 far superior looks wise for example. Surprised it hasnt had a few decent make overs since its launch, befitting it fine feature list. Looks were a huge factor in the long success of the classic 6310i for example but I cant see the K750 black passing for a serious/business fone in 3 yrs time.

So I went for the motorola L7i which O2 released last week. Due to me next week. Only feature i was sorry to be compromising on was the lack of FM radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

ns06 wrote:
    That's what i heard!

Has anybody seen the W810i in a Meteor store, on any other network or store??

Its in the Meteor Store in the Blanch Shopping Center. I've also seen it sim free in some of the stores on dawson street.

Advertisement