Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreambox 7xxx DVD kits

• 13-09-2006 1:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭

Looks like you can now purchase kits to mod the 7xxx series dreamboxes and install a slimline DVD player.

They will fit in the 7000 and 7020 models with no problem but not into the 7025 model if satellite tuners are in use because they are just too large. 7025's with DTT or cable tuners only will take the drive.

Saw the article here:
    http://www.sat-industry.net/forums/showthread.php?p=171230#post171230

And hm-sat are advertising the kit:
    http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/receiver-digital-dreambox/dreambox-dm-70xx-dvd-kit.html

Some images attached of the kit and final result.

Honestly.. having my 7025 on the home network, I am much happier with FTPing recordings to my PC. I can do a lazy burn to DVD or take the time to edit out the lead-in and adverts if necessary and then burn something thats much nicer. But its good to see that Dream are taking Reel head on here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Looks excelllent all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

What about a DVD recorder?

How do they solve the CSS issue? Some Linux set boxes with DVD will not play most commercial DVD as they have no CSS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭cormacl

watty wrote:
    What about a DVD recorder?

How do they solve the CSS issue? Some Linux set boxes with DVD will not play most commercial DVD as they have no CSS.

they more than likely don't.. Their focus is primarily burning DVDs from recordings and play these back.

With DVD players being so cheap and slimline these days, many are just not going to get put off by being unable to play commercial DVDs.

But there are means of playing encrypted DVDs on Linux-based distros.. and so its only time before those barriers are bypassed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes I heard of the Danish SW, legal here but not in USA.
    Though I have no idea how to put it on the Reelbox or Dreambox

Advertisement