Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurricane Gordon arriving Weds/Thursday/Friday next, flooding possible

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Sponge Bob wrote:
    [

Add in a high tide and squelch.

There was a great high tide down at Renville last Sunday evening,first time I ever saw that Bay filled.
    The water was out on the lane down to the pier

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

High tides by themselves are safe as long as there is no westerly wind and no low pressure over Galway .

A high tide with a hurricane out beyond the Aran Islands continually pushing a wall of water into Galway bay...possibly for days on end ......is a different matter entirely.

Watch Gordon and Wetterzentrale like a hawk. You may be sure that our pathetic Met service will not warn us well in advance. They obsess about Dublin weather only :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

090532.gif

Gordon has dropped to a category 2 hurricane as I post .

The yellow blob at the bottom of that picture is the slower moving and as yet not hurricane but possibly Hurricane Helene. If there is any real sign of the track shifting east I shall of course start the Hurricane Helene Thread :D

I wish these feckers would piss off to the southern american trailer parks they traditionally belong in instead of annoying us !

• Registered Users Posts: 5 non-irish

Well, it looks like Hurricane Gordon is now in Galicia, where they have decided to close schools tomorrow and advised people not to drive unless extremely necessary, to take any dangerous objects from balconies, roofs, window sills, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

im looking forward to the "waterworld" galway after this..... *me gets on a jetski and heads out to kill kevin costner*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

/stocks up on paper

Advertisement