Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas party dilemma - help!!

Options
  • 13-09-2006 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi Folks

I need some tips on booking my office Christmas party. I'm pretty new to the company (3 months) and I've been given the daunting task for this year. There are around 35 of us and I've been told not to book us into one of those big hotel parties with lots of other companies.
    The boss wants us to stay in Dublin and have dinner and drinks and some sort of entertainment, preferably just us in the venue / room. Of course it also has to stay within budget which is proving difficult.

Does anyone have any ideas or tips or recommendations from previous years. I'm a bit stressed trying to please everyone and make it a good night (so they won't all hate me!!) :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

I should also have mentioned that we are a mixed bunch age-wise and attitude-wise, about 60-40 male-female.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Hi,

There's a balcony section in The Bank on Dame Street. I was there once when a friend got his Doctorate from Trinity. He reserved the whole section. It's smaller than a function room, but not too small for 35 by any means.
    There's a full private bar, and they'll serve food (probably only finger-food/platters etc.. But it's a good spot, as it overlooks the rest of the bar, and there's music playing etc.

Worth giving them a shout, or going in for a look at least.

K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 oddy

hi,

Last year our xmas party was a night out at the dogs. It was a great laugh. We had our own room, tote and bar. You were able to have your dinner, drink and have a bet with out the crowds. ( it might be all booked out cos we booked in Feb for December.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

You could try that moving venue (not sure what its called) I have seen around Dublin,or the Ghost Bus and then hit a Bar/restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

OP. Roughly, whats the budget per person? This would help for people to try and guide you...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

I haven't really been given a budget but it'll be dinner, drinks and maybe some entertainment. Nothing too exciting. Most places I've contacted are already booked up for every Friday in December.
    It just feels wrong to have to book a Christmas party in September!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Hiya,

We've gone to both the Setanta House in Celbridge Citywest Hotel in the past. This year we're going to Druids Glen. All are on the outskirts, but we usually stay over.
    The Red Cow, Green Isle, Portmarnock, Stillorgan Park, Taylors 3 Rock etc. all do party nights. Just ring around loads of hotels from the phone book. We booked in July though in order to get a Saturday night because Fridays & Saturdays book out really quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I haven't really been given a budget but it'll be dinner, drinks and maybe some entertainment. Nothing too exciting. Most places I've contacted are already booked up for every Friday in December.
    It just feels wrong to have to book a Christmas party in September!!

You said you have around 35 people? Why not start off for a late lunch somewhere then hire the cube

http://www.creativeevents.ie/thecube/cubeindex.htm

They will give you a few drinks and also do pitstops at various venues around town whilst also supplying a live band on board ;)

Something different anyway :)

Advertisement