Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAD MTB Beginners Course - Week 3

Options
  • 13-09-2006 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭

The MAD Beginners course continues this week with a ride around the Leadmines where we have some nice challenges lined up for you. With the way people are progressing I think everyone will manage just fine. The tech session will cover headset and V-brake adjustments. We'll meet at the Barnaslingan car park at 10am and ride for about two hours. Everyone is welcome to come along.

Underage rider information

Directions to Leadmines
    Take the Enniskerry Road south through Stepaside
    Continue through Kilternan
    Pass Ambrose Glass motors on the left
    Continue through the next area of roadworks
    Take the left turn immediately after the roadworks (opposite a phone box)
    Barnaslingan Lane climbs steeply until it reaches Barnaslingan car park on the right.

Map Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

see you there mate! has been a good course, week 2 was hard for me!! spent more time on the ground than on me bike! but great fun alround.......

to be honest the MAD club should see sponsorship frmo Jaffa Cakes ! god knows the promotion you all do!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Is factoring 1h 20 mins sufficient to drive there from Fairview/Killester area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

You could cycle there in that time, so driving should be fine (allowing for traffic).

Cheers Morgan et al... that was a great morning out, what a glorious day for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

We were lucky with the weather alright - shame about the bad luck with your bike but it was a good opportunity to try out emergency bike repairs.

• Advertisement

Ah twas grand! Nice patch job, and I think we picked the right gear, I had no problem keeping up for most of it (except the savage climb).

Hmmm... I was dropped when I had working gears, then kept up just fine with 3 speed ... weird! But fun :)

Advertisement