Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Isuzu DMAX crew cab. Cobra

Options
  • 13-09-2006 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Is this 4X4 classified as a commercial. Buddy of mine has a VAT number and is thinking of buying one. I recall the government put some clampdown on CrewCabs being classified a commercials.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I know someone who got a 05 DMAX Crew Cab Cobra and it is classified as a commercial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Bro has a 05 DMAX, nice to drive, althou a bit slow off the start but Im used to my car and 130Bhp. Loads of leg room in the back which is a problem with the Mitsubishi L200's where your legs are killed sitting in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ye, they guy I know traded in his L200 for the DMAX... then traded the DMAX for a Pajero because the DMAX couldn't hold all his tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Big Nelly wrote:
    Bro has a 05 DMAX, nice to drive, althou a bit slow off the start but Im used to my car and 130Bhp. Loads of leg room in the back which is a problem with the Mitsubishi L200's where your legs are killed sitting in them.

Whats the suspension like on them. You hear stories about guys carrying weight in the back sometimes, just to relieve the hard suspension

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

tred wrote:
    Whats the suspension like on them. You hear stories about guys carrying weight in the back sometimes, just to relieve the hard suspension

Well cousin used to have the L200 and I found it worse, the old DMAX was a joke to be honest, he had one for a weekend out and you had to bolt yourself into it because you would be hopping all over the place. The new one I found to be ok, remember it is a jeep, but nothing worse than any other jeep I have drove. Best of the bunch of crewcabs I have driven. Remember I am used to a car so I will find it abit more bouncy, bro says its great and you wouldnt find it at all

One thing to do is not go into a wet field in one without a bit of weight in the back, no matter how hard you try its like skating on ice. I found out one day to my horror as I tried to go up a hill and just kept sliding back down:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Are they not 4WD ??

Are any of that lot 4x4 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They're commercial, but you cannot claim a full 21% VAT back on the cost price. you must exclude the VRT and calculate VAT from the cost price minus the VRT.

colm_mcm wrote:
    They're commercial, but you cannot claim a full 21% VAT back on the cost price. you must exclude the VRT and calculate VAT from the cost price minus the VRT.

Is the same with all commercials or just the DMAX?.

all double cab pickups. single cab pickups have only €50 VRT as do commercial jeeps.

colm_mcm wrote:
    all double cab pickups. single cab pickups have only €50 VRT as do commercial jeeps.
    #

Is this a typo, i went onto the REvenue site and VRT on a Crewcab was about 4grand. The rate of VRT is 13.3 Percent.

• Advertisement

not a typo. the first half of the post is an answer to tred's question "Is the same with all commercials or just the DMAX?"
    the second half is : "single cab pickups have only €50 VRT as do commercial jeeps."

Advertisement