Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parnell Square/ Manor Street Stop?

Options
  • 13-09-2006 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I was wondering if anyone could help me on this .

I’ve recently moved and will have to get the 39X bus home. It stops at Parnell Square/ Manor Street. I got off the bus this Morning on Parnell Sq but couldn’t see any bus stop where I could get it home in the other direction. Its says its stops at Manor St, I’m not use to that area so not really sure where it is. Could someone tell me where abouts it is. What buildings etc are around?

Thanks in Advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

If you got off on the west side of Parnell Square, you might find the bus leaves from the East side when going in the other direction. There's a load of stops opposite the Memorial Garden entrance, just north of the O'Connel Street/Parnell Street junction.

That's just a guess, but I've gotten buses in the past that have done that.

K.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

jencar01 wrote:
    I was wondering if anyone could help me on this .

I’ve recently moved and will have to get the 39X bus home. It stops at Parnell Square/ Manor Street. I got off the bus this Morning on Parnell Sq but couldn’t see any bus stop where I could get it home in the other direction. Its says its stops at Manor St, I’m not use to that area so not really sure where it is. Could someone tell me where abouts it is. What buildings etc are around?

Thanks in Advance :)

That's very odd, Parnell Square and Manor Street are about 2.5 miles apart? Seriously, Manor Street is straight up the road from the James Joyce Bridge, practically brings you up to the Phoenix Park! It must go "home" along the quays instead of by Parnell Square. What idiocy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Laredo

vibrant wrote:
    That's very odd, Parnell Square and Manor Street are about 2.5 miles apart? Seriously, Manor Street is straight up the road from the James Joyce Bridge, practically brings you up to the Phoenix Park! It must go "home" along the quays instead of by Parnell Square. What idiocy!

2 of them go by Manor St and the other 2 go by Parnell Square.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=39x

They stop at the first stop on parnell square west as shown on the map

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/city_centre.asp

If the 39x times from there don't suit then get the 38 or 38a from the same stop and change to the 39/39x on the Navan Rd.

Advertisement