Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bins

Options
  • 13-09-2006 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi we've just moved into the Grove. We have a choice of the 140 litre or 240 litre bins.

Does the 140 litre do the job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

It all depends really. There are 2 of us and a baby in our house and we use the 240 litre bin. But we dont have to put it out every week and then we get credited by Greenstar. It depends on the deal u get too, depending on which company you go with. Shop around. Greenstar collect the Purple bin every Tuesday and then once a month on the first Tuesday they collect the Green bin(recycle) only which for us, is always choc a block as we recycle as much as possible. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 FVC

The green bin is collected on the 2nd Tuesday of the month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

i use eurowaste find them a lot cheaper and they collect the recycle bin every second Tuesday. On the day they collect the recycle they also collect your normal waste which I don't think Greenstar do??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

No they don't collect it the same day as the recycling and because they collect the recycling so often your more likely to do it, which will save you money. I fill my recycling bin every two weeks and if it was only going to be collected every month it would fill too quickly and I'd get lazy and just through it in the bin (I know i shouldn't!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Greenstar only take the green bin once a month on the second Tuesday of the month. In the last year I've forgotten twice to put the green bin out by the kerbside so, I was left with a full bin for a whole month. You'd think Greenstar would use their noggins and take the bin from your driveway if you have forgotten to put it out!

Last month I had some clear greenstar bags (filled two of them up) and put them beside the green bin on Tuesday and they took them away!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
Advertisement