Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is this worth

Options
  • 13-09-2006 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

I am thinking about selling my road bike. It is a look lightweight alu 264 frame 54cm with a shimano ultegra groupset, carbon stem & seatpost mavic rims & sella italia seat. Does anybody know how much this is worth? Any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

What year, condition of components and frame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭hannah00

I don't know the year because I bought it second hand. The bike is in good condition though, there is a small scratch on the carbon forks and the usual little marks on the frame, but the components are in an excellent state.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭aodhu

Are you going to put his up on Adverts.ie?
    Any pic's of the bike?
    I tried to google the frame but couldn't find it :(

I want to get a rough guide to it's value before I advertise. I will take some pics & add them in the morning.

[IMG][/img][IMG][/img][IMG][/img][IMG][/img]100_0958.jpghere are some pics.

• Advertisement

100_0960.jpg

100_0962.jpg

Any help appreciated.

It's not what I was looking for but I'd say it might be worth a bit alright. I'm far from being an expert on what bikes are worth but I'd guess you'd be looking at 750+ (The plus could be a good bit though.) If this is way below what you were expecting then I wouldn't worry, it could be more then that.

It all depends on how much wear on the bits......

how many gears does it have? I can't tell from the pics...

Yeah, that's not bad. I was thinking around the 700-800 mark myself. There isn't much wear at all on the parts themselves. It is 12 gear by the way. What kind of bike are you looking for?

The down side of it having a 6speed cassette is that that mean it's probably older, and therefore worth less :-( Still it looks likd a good frame and Mavic wheels are worth a bit themselves so I'd still be trying to get a good wad of cash for it!!

I'm looking for a time trail bike myself, I was bidding on a beautiful look time trial frame on ebay but I didn't win :(

Have a look at some of the bikes on Ebay as well, they might give you an idea of what it's worth too.
    A.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Thats an old old bike.

I'd revise your price down from 700-800, alot down.

• Advertisement

Sorry about the confusion. It is an 18 speed bike. It's a 9 speed cassette. Tunney, why do you think that it's an old bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Mainly based on the 6 speed remark. If its nine speed I'm not that sure on the age, older than 4 years anyways. But maybe not old old :)

Thanks for the advice lads. I might put it in the adverts section & see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Thought 6-speed with carbon fork and STI looked a bit of a peculiar mix all right! Looks like a nice bike.

Advertisement